VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suicidal Behaviour Caused By Antidepressants 'cannot Be Ruled Out'

Rate this topic

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
Suicidal Behaviour Caused By Antidepressants 'Cannot Be Ruled Out'

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/02/050223141638.htm

Thanks for the post, "allan". I wonder how the MDs at the VAMCs would respond to this article? IMHO, talk therapy has been muffled by pharmacology.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, well........the last "group therapy" that I was in, at the Dallas VAMC..was a "men's group".

Everything went along very well for the first couple of meetings........then two of the "don't ask, don't tell" generation showed up. After that it was these two trying to out "out" the other one........when it degraded to the point of them talking about which Dallas City Park was "friendly" and which of them weren't.......

I'm sorry.......but that just kinda capped it for me.

Bad part about it is, I NEEDED the help..........now I've been labeled a "homophobic xxxxxxx" by those two, simply because I suggested that there were 10 other men that had other things to discuss......................

I tried.........but I still NEED the help.

Yeah, well........the last "group therapy" that I was in, at the Dallas VAMC..was a "men's group".

Everything went along very well for the first couple of meetings........then two of the "don't ask, don't tell" generation showed up. After that it was these two trying to out "out" the other one........when it degraded to the point of them talking about which Dallas City Park was "friendly" and which of them weren't.......

I'm sorry.......but that just kinda capped it for me.

Bad part about it is, I NEEDED the help..........now I've been labeled a "homophobic xxxxxxx" by those two, simply because I suggested that there were 10 other men that had other things to discuss......................

I tried.........but I still NEED the help.

Larry, Thats kinda funny. When the c&p phyciatrist asked if I was going to any kind of therapy I told him yes, There are 3 of us vets on this island and we run into each other about once a week and talk vet stuff. Just things we have in common and what things we experienced in the army. He said good for you. I hope that counts as legit therapy. But yours sounded like .....well like crap. Sorry. I will pass your story on during our next session..... we will all laugh at the don't ask don't tell. I think us 3 would have walked out under the same situation.

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry:

I have seen you on Hadit for a good time and you appear to me to be no shrinking violet. Why should you care what someone calls you in Group.

Go back group can help.