VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Automatically Iu Deferred?

Rate this question

CorCor

Question

I really keep to myself and don't really post becuase I posted on here one day and someone guy jumped all over me for trying to ask a question about my PTSD claim for sexual harrasement and assult. I was hoping someone can answer a question for me or give me your opionion on the matter if you have been through something similar.

I was 20% SC last year for my Blood pressure and Tinitus. My Back, PTSD and Depression was deferred. It has been almost a year and the system and a source of mine says I was finally rated on the 28th of Jan. The personal Trauma was rated @ 70 and I am rated at a total 0f 80% SC. I recieved a Phone call from Sacramento or Oakland telling me I would be hearing something in 10 to 15 days in regard to my claim. The system is saying the I am IU deferred. I did not apply for IU..don't really know about it and am confused. Is this something that is normally done? .

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

PS -I attached the TDIU form here but at this point it might stall the claim if you send it in yourself- not sure-

This way you know what to expect.

TDIU_form.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA would not pay me or consider me for TDIU until they received the completed form.

After they received the form, I was sent for another C&P.

My 70% was from April 2005 - August 2008 TDIU.

I was paid retro from the 70% rating to the TDIU.

From August 2008 to future I was rated 100% T&P.

Betty

Thank you all for your input. I got the big envelope in the mail today, thought it was my rating, but it was a letter stating that my Rating Decision dated January 28, 2009 deferred the issue of Individual Unemployablility. Of course, I was confused because I have not received the rating as of yet. My current rating is 20%. I took a shot and called the 800#. I spoke the nicest person EVER, that I have spoke to on the 800 line. I was rated 80% total. Needless to say, I finally feel some releif. It has been almost 3 years. I know many of you have been at it so much longer, but we all know what the wait can feel like...for me it has been a nightmare...especailly having to prove the things that did happen to me. Thankfully I do have some buddies that are still Active duty that helped me out with proof. Now when the retro check actually hits the bank.....it will really have sunk in.

Thank you so much for your help with the form. I filled it out like you suggested.

I agree that the VA "inferred" TDIU.

You cane expect to receive a TDIU frm. I have never seen VA award TDIU without receipt of this form.

On # 18 on the form check yes and then applyu for SSA disability benefits.

If you get SSA now, make sure the VA knows this and what for.

Under Remarks, Question 25 -refer them to separate page and then tell them of the side affects of your SC meds that render you unable to work and tell them any other info that would show you are unemployable.

Congrats CorCor.. I can't wait for the day, but it'll probably be a long one yet. I've only been fighting for a year and a half now on a mistake of theirs..

Edited by livingrock21

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome CorCor, reading what Halos wrote had this ole gal a'cryin! So true.

From the bottom of my heart, I am sorry that you endured but very glad you came to Hadit to share your good news.

Thank you for your service to our great country, enjoy the retro ~ !

Cg'up2009!