• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

I got nerve blocks in my lower back today from a private pain doctor. It is quit painful now, and I had to take a number of pain killers. I am hoping this will help. I am going to start a new PT program for my back. I am just willing to try almost anything short of surgery.

Ad

I got nerve blocks in my lower back today from a private pain doctor. It is quit painful now, and I had to take a number of pain killers. I am hoping this will help. I am going to start a new PT program for my back. I am just willing to try almost anything short of surgery.

What are nerve blocks john?

John,

Started getting them about 3 years ago, medial branch blocks. Then the radio frquency ones where they kill the nerve. They work fairly well for awhile. Still take alot of lower class pain meds tramadol and darvacet. I think it would be alot worse if I do not get them. No surgery for me....lol

Hope it helps you!

John,

Started getting them about 3 years ago, medial branch blocks. Then the radio frquency ones where they kill the nerve. They work fairly well for awhile. Still take alot of lower class pain meds tramadol and darvacet. I think it would be alot worse if I do not get them. No surgery for me....lol

Hope it helps you!

I agree, no surgery for me, what if the VA says you need surgery to fix a specific problem (back pain)? Can you refuse and still retain your rating?

Its elective surgery, as long that you have contnuity of treatment for it. I am rated 20% on lowerback and 20% on neck.