VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nerve Blocks

Rate this topic

Hey John999, how did that shot work out for ya? I have had them before and it was kinda hit and miss and even leaving me in more pain than I ever had to began with on the last one..I my self and personally speaking I am no doctor but if you can deal with it with meds and no surgery would be my choice. I have had surgery and it served little purpose. I want to mention to you as well I had an uncle who had back surgery who walked in and has been in a wheel chair ever since. Surgery is a huge step/choice and if you can find a good pain mgt Doctor it can give you some more quality of life than your getting. I have dealt with the VA system and it seems one is not taken serious when it comes to living with constant pain and getting a private doctor is the way to go I personally feel, hope you feel better......yog

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Just getting the shots hurt so bad that I crashed on them. That is reral pain and I have had my fair share of pain. this almost topped it all.

And I reallly dont feel any better.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

No more shots for me. The steroids affect my sleep and make me eat more as well. I don't get much relief. I am already taking too much percoset. I have tried it all except oxycontin which I can't seem to get.

I know I've brought this up before on another topic...but it sounds like most of you have tried just about everything with no relief. So, seriously why not try a chiropractor??? I go to one every week...and now my son goes to the same guy twice a week (for his back)...and it works wonders. And chiro's use TENS units also.

The cost for my son (since CHAMPVA won't cover it) is $35/visit.

All chiro's will require X-rays and they will either do their own or require you to bring in very recent ones if you have them.

It can't hurt to try something else to relieve your pain.