VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Complained To President

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

This morning I sent an email to President Barak Obama. It started off that I am a 100% Service Connected Veteran and although I have seen improvement at VA Medical Hospital the VA Pharmacy Meds by mail program sucks. First of all it is not voluntary and it should be. Second I have no clue when my meds will arrive by mail and if I don't get them I am screwed cause my VAMC does not allow refills at their pharmacy and that they could really care less if you have a problem.

I am interested in seeing what will happen.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me I have three choices, they will give me a script to fill at a local pharmacy, but I have to pay a $10 co pay. They won't always do that.

#2 do the meds by mail thing.

#3 Drive myself the 1.5 hours to the local hospital to hope that they have them in stock.

So for me it is easier to do the Meds by mail thing. So far I haven't had any issues with them yet.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

If you don't get some kind of decent answer you know where we stand. How do you write the Secretary of the VA? I wonder if such a letter would ever get to him. I got my pills today, but I am still mad at the VAMC for giving me the runaround. I have not met anyone who was happy with the VA's pain clinic. My VA shrink says they are useless.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well the pills that Murifeeville TN were supposed to have processed on Feb 2 were due on Feb 9th were canceled cause my Doc renewed my prescription on Feb 11th although I was told yesterday it was in mail and I should get today.I talked to VA Pharmacy in Dallas today and at least when I got to a pharmacist he got my prescription ready for me today and I picked it up.

God help the vet who cannot do all the stuff to get their meds I guess that they are supposed to suffer and be glad its free.

I am waiting to here from President

Hi Pete

It will be interesting to see if you get a reply. Caan't hurt to at least try! ;) I get my meds from the same place in TN that you do. They take their damn sweet time shipping my clozapan(sp?) When it gets here late, drives me freakin crazy :rolleyes: