VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Dreaded Review Letter.

Rate this question

10thFO

Question

Wife called me this morning, seems that I had 2 notices from the VA that I'm up for a review to do with my claim. I'm 80%- and TDIU. I also recieve SSDI. I received that after going through the 6 week PTSD program a year and a half ago. Have all the good stuff from those docs who said I couldn't work. The even more idiotic part of this is, that now I have been approved for Fee Basis surgery on my lumbar spine, because the Richmond, VA VA is too backlogged. I was so freak ecstatic to get that news, that I should have known they were going to turn around and crush me again. Being vigilant about taking my meds, but this isn't going to be a good week. Arghh. I won't see the letters until tonight, but if they are gonna play Johnny screw around with me, and get me worked up again, them I'm going after the other injuries for my neck this time.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't worry to much may be a good time to ask them to make it P&T with the info that you have. Its just part of the game and we all have to play it. Since you have SSD there is no way that the VA can overturn your status.

Just don't miss the C&P.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Go to the C&P without fail. The PTSD "review" should not be too painful. Unless you've gone back to gainful employment, you will be OK. After the C&P, submit SS evidence and ask for P&T.

Review Examination for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Changed April 2, 2007

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/disexm56.htm

I agree...just don't miss the C&P. Take your wife with you, if that's possible.

Question: Are you working? I ask because you say your wife called and told you about the news.

Edited by luvHIM

Thanks, guys, and no i'm not working, my wife works and she picked up the mail on her way to work. That is all. I'll definitely be there, just a pain in the rear, is all. Nothing like upping your stress levels.