VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Self-medication With Alcohol

Rate this topic

• In Memoriam

Commander,

No, I don't think that liquor sales are down one bit.

They were only bad memories at Annette's.

One morning she woke me up. I told her to leave me alone. She said no.. you have to hear this. I said 'That bad huh'. She said you got up naked last night, went to the managers door, and took a leak all over his door.

I said oh no I got to go clean it up. She told me it was already cleaned up. When people got up to go to work they all went past you curled up naked in front of the managers door, and they helped me get you back in to this apartment.

Man, what a horrible humiliating memory. This is one of those that I have to remember, so that I don't repeat this kind of medication.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have an anxiety disorder liquor and drugs may help but eventually they turn on you. Can't drink and take the meds they give us anyway it even says so on the medicine label.

• In Memoriam

Pete is right, it turned on me. I haven't taken it for about 34 years now. I am taking pain meds now, though. I was only explaining a medication and the side effects of it. Since this is probably one of the first times this med has been mentioned, as a med, I probably mentioned a little more than I should. I didn't mean to be threatening.

The new vet might get to understand that this isn't a real medication, and that sometimes rash things could happen as with any medication. I thought it was the only thing that could help me, at that time. I have nothing against it now. I think, don't knock it if it works, until it doesn't.

Annette, is part of me just as much as my Military experiences are a part of me. Maybe it's just in my head.

• HadIt.com Elder
Now, I KNOW that that never happened.

How do I know, you may ask.

Because I used to travel from my home in Texas back and forth to Manhattan every other week-end for 3 years.

I never MET a friendly taxicab driver in NYC, so I know, FOR A FACT, that this story never happened!

:rolleyes:

Stretch- How did you make when you went into these altered states of cloudy memory loss? How did you buy more booze? Pay the rent? Pay the airfare? Pay the cab fare for the three day venture in NY?

• HadIt.com Elder

I am glad to hear three decades have passed since your self medication experience. I admire and appreciate your post. Recounting your experience will help many new vets that stumble upon Hadit, looking for answers. I agree, the self medicating issue is seldom mentioned. Thanks Stretch. sauerkraut??ugh.