VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Self-medication With Alcohol

Rate this topic

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• In Memoriam

Sharon,

I dont recall drinking anything that did not have alcohol in it, except coffee. I drank for the effect not for the taste. I medicated with what ever was available, that had alcohol in it.

Commander Bob,

I hope it does make a young vet think. I hate sauerkraut, but I ate it anyway with a half smile on my face.

Calton,

Great song. I still know one guy that belongs on that wall, and I am trying with everthing I have, to get him there.

Poolguy,

I didn't pay for a cab. That was another guys story. He paid for that cab 50 years ago or so. Any cab driver that sees a long term prospect, that is out of his gourd, can put on a happy face on, for long term fares.

I have seen these kind of cab drivers all over the world. Naples, Corfu, Spain, Malta, hong Kong, japan, Philippines (jeepnee) and more. The cabby's loved sailors money. Dramas, pesetas, lira, hong Kong dollars, pesos, and some many other currencies confused how much a person would pay, and the cabby's were more than willing to convert the money for us.

I was a natural at machining. I worked in the machine shop (tool room) of a large company, Norris Industries. It was the highest paying job in the plant. My alcohol content was high daily. Nobody bothered me because I was good at all the things that I did. All I had was my job and my medication. Nobody could get between me and those two things. I didn't have a social life. I went from there to my own business after I stopped self meds. Took me 5 years to come out of weird living dream fog state. I couldn't even talk for the first year. Now I only have the dreams at night.

I just tried the belt again. I ate four powder sugar coated brownies and three blueberry muffins in the hour I was wearing it. I am not trying to loose weight. I was just trying to make my back stronger. I have to compensate for weight loss. A lot of things I do are unconventional.

• HadIt.com Elder
...I was just trying to make my back stronger. I have to compensate for weight loss. A lot of things I do are unconventional.

Can you do any specialized exercises to build up muscle mass and help make your back stronger?? I'm giving more exercise a try these days. I think I'm feeling stronger too. Could be the placebo effect?

• HadIt.com Elder

There are lots of back muscle exercises if you just google it on the web. I know I have the same problem. Walking,biking,swimming are good for the back. What is bad for the back is inactivity. The less you use the muscles the more you lose them. If your back gets really week then it will hurt more. Anything that gets you up and moving will help your back if it is not too crazy like playing football, or doing something that involves impacts.