VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Contour Belt With Back Pads

Rate this topic

• In Memoriam

I can't walk as I live on a dirt road. I have COPD. You are right about sitting in one main position all day. A tread mill is something I have to get.

I wore this belt everyday for 2 weeks. I kept running it through the cycles 2 or 3 times each day. I lost 7 pounds. I didn't really realize the muscle soreness for these two weeks. Now I have extreme muscle soreness as well as pain in the back. I didn't really think that this would make me sore, but I guess I really over did it.

I can see now that the trick is to only do it one cycle a day, every other day. This thing is really powerful and not to be taken lightly.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

stretch, do you think this will with back pain and i have a pinched nerve in my back i am wondering if it would make it better or worse or no difference. i'd really like to find something that would give me some relief. right now my only relief is a big dose of suck it up. not the best :)

The Tens unit I have is from frontier medical and is called tri-wave. This belt makes that tens look like nothing.

I found the site again. I bought the belt on some TV offer, but this site has the same one that I have. You don't need the disc with exercises on it, so you don't have to order the disc on the website (this disc has to do with dumbells). If you look at the back attachment it has two oblong tens patches about 5" x 2.75". The patches are close together on both sides of the spine. There are 4 of the patches on the back and four on the front.

They have patches to order, but I found out (others talking) you can moisten the patches with water and they are good as new. The patches keep their stickiness for about 30 times before they start to dry out then just put the water on them.

It starts out with pulses for warm up, and then wham it starts a gripping kind of in a downward motion pulling the muscles together the length of the patch (about 6"). When the motion routine first starts it kind of startling, but after that first startle it is really amazing. I didn't know there was anything like this. You can adjust the intensity up or down. I only run both sides at around 30%. There are 6 major programs in the unit, with about 5 frequences for each program.

The unit has 4 AAA batteries that comes with it. I use rechargable batteries and have only recharged them once in three week.

My Son works for UPS and he is amazed with it also. He is getting one for himself.

https://www.thecontour.com/Home/Store/AllPr...01/Default.aspx

Wow-I am going to get one of these-

I have a minor disc problem and had a recent bone scan-revealed low level minor osteoporosis -nothing even enough for preventive med prescription from the doc - but I bought some calcium,Vit D vitamins anyhow-

my main problem with the disk is the home maintenance jobs and snow shoveling- and I always wear brace for that but this is what I think I need.

There is also a new belt on the market for Muscular Dystrophy patients as well as anyone with major balance problems.

It seems to shift the weight when one wears it- to compensate for a loss of balance.

It was more costly then this one is and probably vastly different.

The best thing I ever did so far for low back pain (and I hate pills so never take them but I think they do work-)is I got at K Mart or on line-two of the foam mattress pads that they use in the space shuttles.

The kind that also prevent dust mites and other allergens from getting into mattresses.

That too can make a difference to low back pain.

The first one I saw was 199.00 Stretch-at that site- it that what you have or maybe I should I search the site for more types-

I sure am glad I read this post.

Been looking for dumbbells too-

Back pain can make us unable to relax-

I would think it can compound just about any other disability too.

• In Memoriam

Yep, I bought the same one that is on the website, but it was the TV offer 199.00. The TV offer comes with a DVD of some dumbbell exercises. I won't even use that, I don't think. The back panel comes separate 45.00. It is on the website as well.

This thing seems to take the nerve pinch pain away while using it for about 4 hours afterward, maybe longer. Once you get past first use, you get use to the rhythm you don't even really notice it is on. It is really easy to overdue use of this belt. Sometimes for some reason I lack common sense.

The electrical unit attach's to the belt with a strange set up, that I don't really like that much. If you move around to much and happen to move the unit in an upward motion it can fall and hang on the electrical lines of the belt. I was thinking of using rubber bands to criss-cross the unit for added support.

I was eating a lot of sweets, donuts etc., to try to keep from losing any weight. That could be the reason my muscles are so sore. Sugar puts lactic acid in the muscle tissue, but I wasn't even thinking about that at the time of uses. This is another lapse from common sense.

I am going to stop using the belt for a few more days. The best cure for this lactic acid release from muscle tissue is aspirin.

My doctor has taken me off aspirin completely until after an examination, now I can't use aspirin for awhile.

The belt unit, 4 batteries and the other materials are 199.00. The back unit (45.00 extra) comes with adapter and cables with instructions for connecting it to the main unit. It is easy to hook them up, together, using the instructions. (I bought rechargeable batteries from Radio Shack...they work great),

I will be able to give a better report about this, in relationship with the back pain, after my muscle soreness goes away and I start to use it as instructed. I always read the instructions, after I screw up.