VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amc - How Long Has Your Case Been There?

Rate this question

akwidow

Question

My service rep called me today and informed me that his man on the inside told him that AMC had recently cleared out the "old cases" 2003 and earlier, and were working on 2004 cases. Since my case is a March 2004 case, my eyebrows went up a bit, but I thought I would check here on the board and see if there were folks out there that had a pending case filed earlier than mine that was at AMC who have yet to hear any word in writing about their appeal. I want to corroborate that information with you and yours. Something tells me I can believe you more than them.

Thanks again for the honor of belonging to this great group of people helping people,

akwidow

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If my claim was at the AMC since March of 2004 I would be started on asking a Court to issue a Writ of Mandamus to make the AMC do their job. 5 years is not acceptable.

I filed my claim in Jan. 2003. . After all the appeals and my hearing in DC, it was sent to the AMC in Nov. 2008. From what I have read it may be another 2 years.

Vet12

I am sorry I was not more clear. I filed the initial DIC case in March 2004. After two denials it was picked up by my service rep and presented to the USCVA. It was then remanded and sent to AOJ by my choice, which landed it at AMC in April 2008.

When I asked for timeline clarity from my service rep about the age of the cases, he led me to believe he was talking about the actual filing of the beginning of the case, not how long it had been AT AMC. I hope I am right, because if he was talking about when the cases did in fact arrive at AMC, I have a long row to how before I hear anything.

Akwidow

If my claim was at the AMC since March of 2004 I would be started on asking a Court to issue a Writ of Mandamus to make the AMC do their job. 5 years is not acceptable.

What do you mean by "what you have read"? Hopefully for both of us, my first scenario is correct.

I filed my claim in Jan. 2003. . After all the appeals and my hearing in DC, it was sent to the AMC in Nov. 2008. From what I have read it may be another 2 years.

Vet12

I would like to get an answer from the AMC tomorrow but some vets on this website has stated 2 years. If you go to the VA website it states a little less than that.

Vet12

hey everybody, I'm new but I feel I know everybody. Have been reading a long time.Our case was remanded to the BVA in Nov. 2007. Went to AMC. We have been told it was ready to rate since July of 07.It is for hb and heart diseae secondary to DM2.Now we find out he has to have some kind of heart test.It is like the wheels of the bus,it goes round and round.