VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Almost Checked Out This Morning.

Rate this topic

It was heading toward zero but the Doc caught it and started pumping the accelerator meds.

They said it was caused by the pain of the injections.

If you neck folks dont have to get this done, Dont. The next step is to burn the nerves. I will do that only under sedation.

As for the VA Doc who did the procedure, He was great. One of the Best VA Docs I have seen.

J

So hows it going today you feel any anxiety? Buddy I think I'd be a might nervous still. Hope you feel better ,,,,,,Rich

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

oh man, brother that sounds just awful and very scary. i am so glad you got your heart rate back up.

I went in for a simple nerve block procedure and ended up on a stretcher with a whole bunch of docs working on me. It seems that during the procedure they put 2 spinal needles into my neck as were injecting some numbing meds and steroids. Yhe needles were not too painful. The first injection hurt like hell. The second one flat did me in. My heart rate dropped below 40 and I was sick to my stomach and broke out into a cold sweat. I had no Idea where I was at or what had happened.

They kept me on a stretcher for a long time.

Atropine will bring the heart rate up but it will make you drink for the next 2 days.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

John

You know when someone is messing with your spine there is no simple procedure. I won't let the VA do nerve blocks on me and I have had many. The ablation therapy did not work for me either. I had blocks in my neck and lower back and I got zip relief.

JB,

Glad your feeling better, unfortunately that can happen with a cervical esi, much worse can happen, I use to assist with these procedures, have been known to ambu (breath for someone) for 2 hours. If the meds go up instead of down, your in trouble, with an astued nursing team they can make or break you, if you know what I mean. With a slow heart rate, the nausea is terrible, profuse sweating and a feeling if impending doom, its not fun and that includes the nursing and medical staff. If it works, it might have been worth it.

John999,

Dr Lombardi at the Tampa, Va is perhaps one of the best anesthesia pain doctors I have known, and as a nurse I have known alot of them. She is kind, compassionate and competent that is a combination you don't find that often. They are done under xray, so they know where they are but accidents do happen.

While I am not 100% pain free, I would say I am at least 50% better. I would have an esi done monthly if they would let me. Yes, they are painful when they inject the meds but its worth the temporary pain even if it only worked for a week I would not have said that before my first injection.

If they offer them to you I would have a series of 3 (that's normally what they take to work longer term) if they don't you are no worse then you were before.

Ruby