VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

His Medical Records From Va Hospital

Rate this question

akwidow

Question

Here is a good question for you - what did it say at the bottom of the page on your medical records before VA gave you a disability?

My late husband's said -

HIS NAME, than right next to it - SERVICE CONNECTED 50 - 100% -

Next line contained his SS#, DOB, the words CONSULTATION SHEET

Next line ADDRESS, then Standard Form 513 (Rev 9-77)

Is this how it is on yours before you received a VA recognized disability??

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim is correct. The records are usually a mess.

The sheet that has his info is the sheet the nurse puts on the door for the Doc. The SC is on the right hand side of the page.

They dont like for you to look at it but sometimes it happens.

J

As I remember it, all records from VAMC since at least 2000 had that designation. I'd have to go back and look again for more perfect remembering.... Believe me - I understand your comments about accuracy....but it sure caught my eye. I went through every page I had when I was compiling my package on remand, and notated every one back to them in itemized proof of their word and gave it back to them.

Thanks for you input,

Akwidow

I wondered....it would be a shame that I would have to sue somebody to get discovery to get all the records from VA. I likewise have collected records along the way.

What would be really good is for them to simply look at the records as those records prove my case. Kinda like I've seen comments about how some of the employees don't read so well....hmmmph

My late vet was always poverty level low income, income tested frequently, and VA let him come to them for what health care he did allow. But low income health care does not connotate SC. He only received 50% SC in 2003 for ptsd when he was diagnosed as terminal and died Jan. 2004. He filed for sc three other times.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does FTCA stand for?

Did you have to go through some kind of income testing or verification in 2000? All of my medical records say the same thing even though I am 100% IU PT.

I have just discovered that when we ask for a copy of our medical records at the ROI office at the hospital we are only getting a small portion of our records. There are literally hundreds of pages of important medical information that we don't get. I have kept a copy of my medical records updated every time I have an appointment for a very long time. Now that I am involved in a FTCA lawsuit, we requested the records during discovery. My attorney got three times as many documents as I have gotten. Very very important documents containing dx's I have never heard of! There are hundreds of errors. Some don't mean much, but others are very serious. It was startling!

Anyway, I don't believe that having 50-100% written on medical records would be evidence of anything. Unfortunately, disability percentages are determined by raters not doctors.