VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Statement Of Claim

Rate this question

Shark

Question

I got an 80% rating (50% for PTSD and the rest for agent orange related) in July of 2008, I filed for 100% unemployability and was denied as they found some website that said that I was an active member of a professional association, and I am not. I filed the NOD in October for a traditional appeal...our DRO is over a year behind. Now the VARO just told me that it will take around a year just to get the Statement of the Claim. Is this a normal time frame, or just my screwed up VARO in Reno, NV? Should I get my Senator or an attorney involved?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Shark,

What professional association on the website pays any money to be a member?

I am an active buyer of E-bay, but they sure don't pay me anything. I spend money there.

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

A traditional appeal means a trip to the BVA. That is two years. You would have been better off going for a DRO Hearing.

I got an 80% rating (50% for PTSD and the rest for agent orange related) in July of 2008, I filed for 100% unemployability and was denied as they found some website that said that I was an active member of a professional association, and I am not. I filed the NOD in October for a traditional appeal...our DRO is over a year behind. Now the VARO just told me that it will take around a year just to get the Statement of the Claim. Is this a normal time frame, or just my screwed up VARO in Reno, NV? Should I get my Senator or an attorney involved?

This does'nt sound right. How can they deny a person based on their membership to any association or organization?

• HadIt.com Elder

They should spend more time working claims than snooping on the Internet. That Service officer was way out of line. Ask for a DRO Hearing and face the punk who did that and have them explain how belonging to a Preofessiona Assocaition is proof that you can work.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'll do you one better. I work for the VBA and had my IU claim denied because my employer did not respond to the two letters the adjudicating (not the R/O I work at) RO sent out inquiring about my employment.

Now my DAV VSO is telling me that he went the traditional BVA route because he felt that as they were preparing the Statement of Claim that they would reverse and grant it, which would be a shorter time frame! I am really confused and not sure what to do at this point!

I think that they get confused because I have an MBA and am in school for my PhD, so they think that I can work. I am doing the school on-line as my shrink does not feel that I can be in a normal school environment and this keeps my mind occupied so lessens the depression. I tried to get Voc Rehab for the school but was denied on that too as they felt that with an MBA I was employable.