VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Calling The 800#

Rate this question

notime362

Question

:P I had a very interesting call from my VA Regional Office today. I had filed a claim on 03-03-08, when I had lived in Florida. Once in a blue moon, I would receive the standard letter saying my claim is being processed. I would call the 800# for an update, and they more or less always give you encouraging news. You Guys had taught me how to use IRIS for better results. Anway, in early March, I get an answer from them saying my claim is non-existant - even though I had an Audio C & P in November. I go crazy, and call my VO in Florida, and she gives me the American Legion Rep in Montgomery whom I finally touched bases with. I also wrote my Senators for help. Anyway, I get a call today and was told they are waiting for the government to confirm my stressor letter. She advised me to NEVER call the 800#, as they cause more havoc then good. She said Vets get the wrong answers and get unruly because of them. Use IRIS, and if you still have problems, contact the Regional Office. Hope it helps ya...

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You want to do yourself a Big Favor and verify the stressor yourself.

You can do this by calling the JSRRC.

Someone here has the number, I can post it later.

Anyway dont ever trust the VARO to get diddly squat. DO it yourself. Another member of Hadit was told the same thing and 2 va employees did not do it and they were embarrased and had to apologize to a Vet at a DRO hearing after the Vet did it himself.

As far as Montgomery, stay on top of them.

John