VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Statement Of Support Anxiety Claim

Rate this question

airborne18

Question

I have a C&P coming up for my General Anxiety claim; it is secondary to my back and chronic pain. I am going to take my wife since she and my daughter are affected by it more than me.

Should I have my wife and daughter write up statements of support, describing my mental state and how they are impacted??

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

By all means. You also, in you own words, should say how your anixiety disorder/depression effects you and your family. Describe how often you have the atttacks and what brings them own. If there is adverse behavior now is the time to speak up. A lot of people post their letters for editing before they turn them in. You can PM it to one of the elders/moderators. Good Luck.

My rating decision turned around very quick... about 3 weeks after my C&P.

I was rated 50% for anxiety secondary to my back pain..

They upped my rating for my left leg partial paralysis to 40%

And my back rating stayed at 40%..

Total combined rating of 80%..

Thanks for the advice... The statements of support were cited in the abstract of the decision, so they really did help. Also I took my wife to the c&P, and the psychologist would not let her in, so I actually had a panic attack during the C&P. I was really not prepared for that scenario and it freaked me out.

And they connected to my back pain by basically saying it was at least as likely as not caused by my chronic back pain. so it was a coin toss, which put it in my favor.

thanks everyone

My rating decision turned around very quick... about 3 weeks after my C&P.

I was rated 50% for anxiety secondary to my back pain..

They upped my rating for my left leg partial paralysis to 40%

And my back rating stayed at 40%..

Total combined rating of 80%..

Thanks for the advice... The statements of support were cited in the abstract of the decision, so they really did help. Also I took my wife to the c&P, and the psychologist would not let her in, so I actually had a panic attack during the C&P. I was really not prepared for that scenario and it freaked me out.

And they connected to my back pain by basically saying it was at least as likely as not caused by my chronic back pain. so it was a coin toss, which put it in my favor. did you have this in your smr's or did this manifest itself lone after service.

thanks everyone