VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Run-around Story

Rate this topic

Got this IRIS response tonight - 7PM my time is 11PM east coast....sent the request on 2-20-2009 so it took them 30 days. The only good thing is they say is my month of death payment request has been sent to the proper place....which is where I might ask?

My case rests at AMC; I asked for the umpteenth time on IRIS ( other than the IRIS one, all In writing, all certified return receipt) for in country medical records, and they tell me now that I can't have the records until the file comes back to my local RO....which will be after my case is decided????? Why is that? Why can't AMC send me the records?

This is a reply to your email of February 20, 2009.

Your request for month of death payment has been forwarded to the appropriate office.

If there are service treatment records in your husband’s VA claim folder, we do not have control of the claims folder, to make copies for you. They are presently at the Appeals Management Center in Washington, D.C. When the appeal is completed, the records will be returned to the VA in Anchorage, AK. To make a request for service treatment records we need a signed request, please send the request to the office listed below. Once the claims file is back at the VBA in Anchorage, then, we can make the copies you requested.

There are many guidelines in place to protect a veterans privacy, and these protections must be followed. We regret the delay in processing the request for the service treatment records.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

Pat Anderson

Acting Veterans Service

Center Manager

463/21/jjs

How to Contact VA

On Line: http://www.va.gov/

By phone: 1-800-827-1000

1-800-829-4833 (TDD hearing impaired)

By letter:

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Regional Office (21)

2925 Debarr Rd

Anchorage, AK 99508

Do they still think I am stupid? B)

It appears to me that they know the file is at AMC, and they sent the records request to the local RO on purpose so I couldn't have the in country proof!! This makes about the 5th or 6th time I have had the brush-off. Sure wish I was in DC so I could walk up to the counter at AMC...as they would see a no-quit fuming fighter in the office.

BTW, The last time I made a request (pre IRIS) for records it WAS to AMC 12-23-2008. case has been there since April 2008.

hmmph

I get to join the long list of put off claimants yet again...it's a good thing I have a cat to purr on me in the bad times and a brain to think of more stuff to ask them for.

grrrrrrr and thanks for listening.

Sorry you are having such a hard time with the claim. However, the AMC is not staffed to copy records and provide them to you. Their primary mission is to work claims remanded from the BVA. Any admin requests will simply be forwarded to your original RO as you can see from the reply you recieved.

Edited by Clown Man

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic