VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions About My Iu Claim?

Rate this question

bogus311

Question

Ok, this is my first post. I have a few over-all questions for the members about my claim. First off I am a pretty recently discharged vet about 1.5 yrs out. I served in the Army Infantry for 8 yrs. I have 3 deployments under my belt 2x Iraq, and 1x Afghan. I am 80% disabled 70% ptsd, 10% back, 10% tbi. I have to say that my experience with the VA has been outstanding out here in California. They have helped my wife and I out tremendously, before I started receiving compensation, the social workers broke there backs getting my wife and I financial support from places like UNVET and the VFW. I know you don't hear to many good things about the VA. You really seem to hear only the negative. But my experience has been a very positive one.

Well anyways my questions have to do with my IU claim. The VA automatically deferred my IU claim in my original rating decision. I have not worked since my discharge from the Army, I have very severe PTSD. I am also 100% disabled as far as SS is concerned. To be honest I am happy with the amount of compensation I am receiving, I didn't think in a million Yrs I would receive SS and be 80% from the VA. But I sure wouldn't mind an extra $1300. from the VA either. So basically my question is

" what are my odds of receiving a 100% IU rating?" and if I do receive a 100% rating would I be able to go to school to finish my degree? It would have to be an on line thing. Cuz I don't do very good around people Obviously.My service organization guy at the Military Order of the Purple Heart said it would affect it. But to be honest I don't put much faith in what they say Because everything they have told me turned out to be wrong.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If your claim is in authorization, you should hear someting with a week. If you have a service officer they can tell you what the raing is now!

Thats a pretty good point Larry. I'm pretty new to this hole VA thing, to say the least. I thought I was pretty lucky that it only took 6 months or so for my claim to go through. I see guys on here that wait for years. The claims process needs a total revamping in my opinion. I guess a huge problem is the sheer numbers of claims the VA is bombarded with. But then again look at the Security Administration, and the amount of claims they deal with. It took the SSA about 3 months to decide on my claim. Thats about half the time, my VA claim took.