VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Payments After Death

Rate this question

123trp

Question

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Their is a widowers Pension if the surviving spuse has been married 10 years amount I believe is on the comp & pension table, & can be accessed from this site.

Sorry ubout your loss.

Ausgmblr

Another tough question. If you are 100% t&p at the time of your death, does the va check on your assets that you leave to your widow before they award the va benefits to your widow. These are difficult questions I know. If you leave her with large assets, will she still receive the check, and the champva benefits. If not, she would go thru the assets that were left in a big hurry. Thanks for any input that is given.

• HadIt.com Elder

Red:

If you service connected disability is a cuase of death the spouse will get DIC. Example Veteran has diabetes and dies of heart failure and Doc says Diabetes complications the spouse would get DIC.

Otherwise the Veteran has to live 10 years with 100% and than the spose gets it. I personally feel that th 10 year period is very unfair.

You and your wife are in my prayers and I am glad that you are posting. If she already has ChampVA I think she leeps it.

Would the widow receive the full amount of the service connected t&p benefit after 10 years or just a portion.

A widow doesnt receive any of the vet's compensation at all.

If the widow is eligible she receives DIC.

DIC is not income based.

The widow's wartime death pension however is reduced dollar for dollar by income.