VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mercy Killing

Rate this question

popolop

Question

I went looking for a cardiologist to do an IMO for me as i have less than three weeks to submit new evidence before dead line before the board makes it's final ruling.While on my journey to find a doctor i thought i found a lawyer that was willing to help me.I sent him all of my medical records and he basically said that my claim would be exceedingly hard to prove.I will post the email that he sent to me.It was not encouraging to say the least.My claim is suppose to be heading back to the RO for an exam that was not given which had been ordered by admin law judge in a remand.The AMC said that the ratings officer was wrong to rate my claim again with out giving the exam.I figured i'd bought enough time to go in search of a good IMO.However i don't have the kind of money that it takes for Dr.Bash and one other Dr. i called out of Texas.Down here in st.pete fl there aren't a lot of social security lawyers that use IME's or they are not willing to give me the names of the ones that they use so i could at least approach them and ask for an IMO.Is it something that i am doing wrong or am i dead because i don't have a couple of grands lying around to get that IMO.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I went looking for a cardiologist to do an IMO for me as i have less than three weeks to submit new evidence before dead line before the board makes it's final ruling. While on my journey to find a doctor i thought i found a lawyer that was willing to help me.I sent him all of my medical records and he basically said that my claim would be exceedingly hard to prove.I will post the email that he sent to me.It was not encouraging to say the least.

My claim is suppose to be heading back to the RO for an exam that was not given which had been ordered by admin law judge in a remand. The AMC said that the ratings officer was wrong to rate my claim again with out giving the exam. I figured i'd bought enough time to go in search of a good IMO.However i don't have the kind of money that it takes for Dr.Bash and one other Dr. i called out of Texas.Down here in st.pete fl there aren't a lot of social security lawyers that use IME's or they are not willing to give me the names of the ones that they use so i could at least approach them and ask for an IMO.Is it something that i am doing wrong or am i dead because i don't have a couple of grands lying around to get that IMO.

If the BVA "remand" ordered an Examination, but the AMC did not follow BVA remand instructions (they often don't), then your issue should be that: the AMC failed to provide a medical exam. That's the evidence you need to send to the BVA. IMO. ~Wings

Go to allexperts.com You may be able to get an IMO there. Long list of experts to contact.

• HadIt.com Elder

pop-

In Orlando, check out a Dr. within the Florida hospital system by the name of Dr. Todd Hardy. He did my IMO back in 1998 and was my privet Dr. from 1996 to 2001. He is a veteran also. One warning to you, he will tell you strait-up and frankly if he does not think you have a claim. So with that, if you truly feel your heart condition is service connect- contact him.