VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cardiology Testing

Rate this topic

Oh yes, the infamous Dayton VAMC has struck again. This time with cardiology testing. Some of you may recall that back in mid February, I had a stress test and 24-hr Holter monitor done. Well, my follow-up is for the 15th of this month. When I looked at the copies of my records last week, I noticed there was no entry for the results of the Holter moniter test. A little red flag went up in my head.

It should have been a big red flag.

Got a call today from the morons at the Cardiology dept. Guess what. They "forgot" to download the data from my Holter monitor.

Oh yes.

So I had to go in and have another one put on.

Oh....it gets better.

I tell the lady on the phone that I have an appt at the VAMC today at 1330 today lasting 1 hr. So she says "Oh...so you can be here around 1400 then". Duh.

So I repeated it very slowly so she would really understand the simple math involved.

I told her I would be there at 1445.

I show up. No one knows why I'm there and they try to convince me that I need to make an appt. Now by this time, I'm ready to do severe bodily damage to someone. Finally, they find the one, and only person who knows why I'm there. Talk about a lack of communication. I point this out to them--they are not pleased.

Then I ask about the last test and why it wasn't downloaded....they then say "Oh it came back blank", to which I tell them that is a lie because there is absolutely nothing in my records and at least a blank test would have been annotated.

And why did it take them over a month to figure it out? No answer.

Pure idiots.

Just another clinic I'll be requesting fee-based care from.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you are really ready to have a mental melt down with these professionals

that treats us. This is not the way we should be treated. I have a quick question.

Are originally from Fairborn. I graduated from there in 61. I know what it is like up

there. It is just as bad here in Louisiana. Hang in there and don't take their crapola.

Yeah, I've "hadit" with these idiots. Today when I dropped the monitor back off to the cardiology department I could see where the same thing might happen again...they all looked clueless & confused, I mean you know how you can just tell? So they didn't seem to know what to do with it...seriously. They told me I could leave and they would "take care of it". At this point they hadn't even asked me my name! Wow.

I told them no, I wasn't leaving until the information from the unit was downloaded. Then I asked didn't they need to know who I was? Then, of course, one lady asked for my husbands (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) name and last 4. I told her that I was the vet, that women are vets too!!!!! (by this point I was beet red mad!!); to which she replied "oh". I gave her the diary that went along with the monitor.

They finally downloaded the info, told me it would be read by a doc tomorrow and I would know the results in about a week.

Funny how I don't have that warm, fuzzy feeling.

As far as Fairborn, no, I'm a transplant from Indiana. I've been here about 12 years. It's a great little town--Foys is still here!!!!