VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Pumps

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I had shoulder surgery a while back. The doctor used a pain pump inserted in my shoulder to manage post surgical pain.

My shoulder still hurts years later and I found out that there is a condition caused by the use of pain pumps in shoulder surgery. I hired a law firm to look into it. I wonder if anyone else has had pain after shoulder surgery caused by use of pain pumps. The condition is rare and only pain pumps cause it. It is called PAGCL syndrom. I have not had the diagnosis confirmed because it can't be fixed except by shoulder replacement....yuck! I have some but not all the symptoms. I guess I have to go back to my shoulder doctor (not the one who did the surgery) and find out if he knows about the condition. It can be confirmed on an x-ray.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, they worked on the rotator cuff. They insert the pain pump into the shoulder and the pump, itself, has been shown to damage the shoulder joint in some cases. What happens is that after you recover from the surgery you begin to have more pain in your shoulder due to destruction of tissue in the shoulder due to the pump. I have the general symptoms of this problem. You can go online and there are many lawyers looking for customers for this issue. Really, what I want is just relief from pain and I am not going to get that after 5 years of shots and PT. If I go back to my current orthopod he is going to tell me that either he can't help me or that I need more surgery. Either option is not thrilling to anyone who has had shoulder surgery. If my problem is due to the pain pump it is serious and can only be fixed by more surgery.

Yes, they worked on the rotator cuff. They insert the pain pump into the shoulder and the pump, itself, has been shown to damage the shoulder joint in some cases. What happens is that after you recover from the surgery you begin to have more pain in your shoulder due to destruction of tissue in the shoulder due to the pump. I have the general symptoms of this problem. You can go online and there are many lawyers looking for customers for this issue. Really, what I want is just relief from pain and I am not going to get that after 5 years of shots and PT. If I go back to my current orthopod he is going to tell me that either he can't help me or that I need more surgery. Either option is not thrilling to anyone who has had shoulder surgery. If my problem is due to the pain pump it is serious and can only be fixed by more surgery.

I have some shoulder pain/problems and I'm going for an MRI 15th if I have to get surgery I think after the Video I'll pass on the pain pump, they were saying the damage it does is permanent. The cure is worse than the injury, from the looks of it your in line for a new ball joint or something man that would suck..I had an injection 2 or 3 weeks ago and was god for 4 or 5 hours so it really didn't do a thing...... Yog

Edited by yoggie2