VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental For Non 100% Veterans At Va

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Thursday I had an appointment at Dallas VA for Dental Checkup. When I checked out the clerk was not to busy so I asked him about treatment for non Dental Qualified Veterans.

He told me that if a Veteran had a bad tooth that needed pulling that the Dallas VA would do it for 100 dollars for xray and 200 bucks for pulling. He also told me that was a good deal and a lot of Veterans used this service.

This is in response to earlier threads where the issue was brought up.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

In Washington state,

veterans who are 100% SC or TDIU only, may receive Dental treatment.

They don't even want to hear it. Take it somewhere else attitude.

You can get a tooth pulled, (with xrays)almost anywhere in the private sector for $300.

There are low income dental clinics, that will pull the tooth for less than $200.

Don't do what I've done. I've waited until an eye tooth was so infected, it took over two hours of agony to get it pulled.

I have a top front tooth now that's causing a sinus infection. I've had it for 3 months. That stimulus check will help take care of it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I wanted to add that if a veteran was discharged with a dental condition they will also be treated.

If anyone not 100% or TDIU, and is getting treatment for dental, please post & let us know where & under what circumstances.

• HadIt.com Elder

I cannot cite the regulation but I believe that if your gateway Doc files a request stating that the Dental work is needed to help prevent deterioration from a service connected injury that the Dentist will do it. Example service connected for sinusitis and infected gums or sever perdontial disease would also be possible if you have heart disease and they are afraid that you dental disease could complicate it.

All they have to do is ask for a consult and state why.