VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tramadol

Rate this topic

if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") { var YAHOO = {};}YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {};YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = [];YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0;YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "(no subject)";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "Italgal49@aol.com";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english";YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {"lw_1239382612_0": {"text": "back issues","extended": 0,"startchar": 277,"endchar": 287,"start": 277,"end": 287,"extendedFrom": "","predictedCategory": "","predictionProbability": "0","weight": 0.453861,"relScore": 2.09544,"type": ["shortcuts:/concept"],"category": ["CONCEPT"],"wikiId": "Just_Shoot_Me%21","relatedWikiIds": [],"relatedEntities": [],"showOnClick": [],"context": "different medications and recently has been prescribed Tramadol 50 for back issues. He usually takes 2 a day and his prescription is","metaData": {"visible": "false"} }};YAHOO.Shortcuts.headerID = "e3a81aa2044dea4fa51341639fd24ac2";My husband is on 10 different medications and recently has been prescribed Tramadol 50 for back issues.He usually takes 2 a day and his prescription is for 120 pills. All his other meds have refills on them except for the tramadol.

I'm just wondering if anyone else on this drug has to call every time youneed a refill. Is this how the VA handles pain medications ? Thank You,Justme

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") { var YAHOO = {};}YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {};YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = [];YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0;YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "(no subject)";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "Italgal49@aol.com";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english";YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {"lw_1239382612_0": {"text": "back issues","extended": 0,"startchar": 277,"endchar": 287,"start": 277,"end": 287,"extendedFrom": "","predictedCategory": "","predictionProbability": "0","weight": 0.453861,"relScore": 2.09544,"type": ["shortcuts:/concept"],"category": ["CONCEPT"],"wikiId": "Just_Shoot_Me%21","relatedWikiIds": [],"relatedEntities": [],"showOnClick": [],"context": "different medications and recently has been prescribed Tramadol 50 for back issues. He usually takes 2 a day and his prescription is","metaData": {"visible": "false"} }};YAHOO.Shortcuts.headerID = "e3a81aa2044dea4fa51341639fd24ac2";My husband is on 10 different medications and recently has been prescribed Tramadol 50 for back issues.He usually takes 2 a day and his prescription is for 120 pills. All his other meds have refills on them except for the tramadol.

I'm just wondering if anyone else on this drug has to call every time youneed a refill. Is this how the VA handles pain medications ? Thank You,Justme

• HadIt.com Elder

The answer to your question is the VA is very sensitive to pain medications and you should ask the primary care Doc to fix it.

As far as the tags you are picking up I don't have a clue.

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it is a schedule II narcotic but if it is the doctor can't write the prescription with refills. I found this out when I was placed on percocet. I call the call center about 7 days before I will run out and receive a refill in the mail. Hope this helps. ;)

Bergie

I'm not sure if it is a schedule II narcotic but if it is the doctor can't write the prescription with refills. I found this out when I was placed on percocet. I call the call center about 7 days before I will run out and receive a refill in the mail. Hope this helps. :)

Bergie

Bergie,

I have no idea where you've gotten this information, do you have a link ?

I get 10MG Hydrocodone 2 X daily = 60 per month RX written and filled

by VA.

This is listed as a Schedule 2 narcotic, I currently have four refills left -

I re-order it each month via VA phone automated service and it is either sitting

in the bag by my front door from UPS or in my mailbox via USPS.

I don't even have to sign for it. I've been getting this same RX from VA for pain

for about 8-10 years.

Justme1949,

Welcome to Hadit.

I agree with Pete IF this RX was not just for a temporary situation and is required monthly by the patient, I would talk with the PCP or who-ever write's this RX for your

husband.

On the tags in your post - were you trying to post something you scanned, or photo,

or web link ?

jmho,

carlie