VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Answers?

Rate this question

scottC

Question

I recently was removed from federal service as a Police Officer due to my Service Connected disabilities. Sleep Apnea, Asthma, Hypertension,COPD and back condition. I am 70% service connected now. I was approved for my federal employees disability retirement. I applied for TDIU my doctor sent in a medical opinion for my TDIU. The VA sent me to a C&P exap for the TDIU. The only thing I mean the only thing the doctor did was take my blood pressure which averaged 148/96. He said he "never had such a quick exam and that was all that was asked for. I was out in 3 minutes. I dont know if this was good or bad?

Scott

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes I did. But the employee physician did not pass me on my annual physical due to these diagnosed conditions. If you need assistance let me know. I did a lot of research and also note the "BRUNER PRESUMPTION" If they remove you then the burden shifts.

Hello Scott

Yes, I would need your assistance at your convinience. I currently work for the Bureau of Prisons and I was sent by the Centralized Human Resource Employee the forms that I have to fill, however I was under the impression that I needed like a medical doctor letter that I could not perform my duties as a correctional officer.

Any assistance or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

What are your usual b/p parameters? This is elevated. Were you more anxious then usual that day?

You are taking the max dosage for this med. Does your primary monitor your b/p? You should be doing this one your own a couple of times a day to monitor the effectiveness of this medication. At least till you evidence effective ranges. I see where you wrote the dr took your b/p and it averaged 148/96, did he make any comment about that? Make sure this is monitored to establish if this medication is the appropriate one for you by you informing your pcp.

Follow the advice, always get copies of your medical/psych/any records from the VA health facility. Go to the Medical Information area, formally called medical records, sign the form and they will copy/or send them to you. Do it often, so you will have what the va has. Be your own advocate with knowledge.

I know my b/p is usually elevated when I have to go to the va.

I recently was removed from federal service as a Police Officer due to my Service Connected disabilities. Sleep Apnea, Asthma, Hypertension,COPD and back condition. I am 70% service connected now. I was approved for my federal employees disability retirement. I applied for TDIU my doctor sent in a medical opinion for my TDIU. The VA sent me to a C&P exap for the TDIU. The only thing I mean the only thing the doctor did was take my blood pressure which averaged 148/96. He said he "never had such a quick exam and that was all that was asked for. I was out in 3 minutes. I dont know if this was good or bad?

Scott

I sent in an IRIS Request. This is what I got back. Is this good or bad?

As of May 11, 2009 we show a decision has been completed on your claim for unemployability. There is no further information we need from you. At this time the decision is being authorized by your Regional Office in Indianapolis.

Hello Scott

Yes, I would need your assistance at your convinience. I currently work for the Bureau of Prisons and I was sent by the Centralized Human Resource Employee the forms that I have to fill, however I was under the impression that I needed like a medical doctor letter that I could not perform my duties as a correctional officer.

Any assistance or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

I would be happy to help you sorry It took so long to get back with you. I had a lot of issues since my fiance passed away. Anyways please contact me at scottcarnell@ymail.com and we can talk.

I sent in an IRIS Request. This is what I got back. Is this good or bad?

As of May 11, 2009 we show a decision has been completed on your claim for unemployability. There is no further information we need from you. At this time the decision is being authorized by your Regional Office in Indianapolis.

• HadIt.com Elder

Really, it is idea for a disabled vet who gets disability retirement from the feds to apply for 100% or TDIU. You are ready have proof you can't work you job anymore. Now SSD is harder because they insist you not be able to work any job. If you get OPM and SSD for a service connected condition then TDIU is almost a given unless they start to play games with you. In the end you will get it.