VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p And Records

Rate this question

shortpig

Question

Here is my list of questions for today. Sorry I have so many.

1. Will I be able to still get my C-file after I have my C & P exam?

2. I have been diagnosed, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Attacks, Agoraphobic, COPD, and I have chronic migraine attacks with vision issues I live in my comfort zone only other than that I have to have someone I trust with me to go somewhere, will they try to force me into a treatment center?

3. They say i originally filed a claim for benefits due to PTSD MST in 1979 but don't remember it what do I say when I was denied due to not showing up for an appt.?

4. How long will I have to continue to add info and records to my C-File?

Guess that is it for now.

Thank you all so much for being here and willing to help.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I wanted to write to you sooner, but I couldn't get past your board name "short pig"? I dunno, it just felt sorta like a self esteem issue. Then again, you said you raise miniature horses and maybe it's just a farm name ... I'm a strange animal myself (and have PTSD issues). I'll just call you sister vet? ~Wings

Thanks Wings the Shortpig was my pet pot belly pig. He passed on last summer of old age.

Actually my farm name for mini horses is Dolittle Farm. My Stallions Registered name when I got him was Jack Pot Farms Jimmy Dolittle. Just seemed to be a great name for my own little farm at the time. So Believe has nothing to do with my self esteem but might have affected Shorty at some point but I don't think so. The neat thing is my furry friends don't hurt me and never turn on me. Humans are another issue for me.

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks Wings the Shortpig was my pet pot belly pig. He passed on last summer of old age.

Actually my farm name for mini horses is Dolittle Farm. My Stallions Registered name when I got him was Jack Pot Farms Jimmy Dolittle. Just seemed to be a great name for my own little farm at the time. So Believe has nothing to do with my self esteem but might have affected Shorty at some point but I don't think so. The neat thing is my furry friends don't hurt me and never turn on me. Humans are another issue for me.

Thanks! I totally get the furry friends, I have a few of them myself ;-) What do you want us to call you? ~Wings

SP,

This is a long shot - but when you looked in your cfile did you see any proof that you didn't show up for an appointment in 1979? By "appointment" do you mean a C&P exam?

Was the "appointment" letter sent to your correct address at the time?

I am just wondering, given the evidence from your med and personnel records, if there is any possibility of a CUE from 1979.

What does the Decision denying sc in 1979 actually state as the evidence used to deny sc?

I have been off the board for a while so haven't followed your threads but am assuming from this one that you are reopening your claim with new evidence. Is this correct?

While I totally understand your "comfort zones", I would think that agoraphobia/housebound would be a long shot without a strong IMO since you are currently leaving your house to work. However, that is just MHO and I am not a shrink (just a psych patient myself).

Good luck with your claim,

TS Snave

SP,

This is a long shot - but when you looked in your cfile did you see any proof that you didn't show up for an appointment in 1979? By "appointment" do you mean a C&P exam?

Was the "appointment" letter sent to your correct address at the time?

I am just wondering, given the evidence from your med and personnel records, if there is any possibility of a CUE from 1979.

What does the Decision denying sc in 1979 actually state as the evidence used to deny sc?

I have been off the board for a while so haven't followed your threads but am assuming from this one that you are reopening your claim with new evidence. Is this correct?

While I totally understand your "comfort zones", I would think that agoraphobia/housebound would be a long shot without a strong IMO since you are currently leaving your house to work. However, that is just MHO and I am not a shrink (just a psych patient myself).

Good luck with your claim,

TS Snave

Hello welcome back. The reason for denial of first claim "which I don't remember filing at all" was missing an appt. They didn't state what the appt was for just that I missed it.

My private Doc has stated that I have Agoraphobia. So we will see. My job is the only place I go to and occasionally the local store but avoid it if my daughter is available to go for me. I've had too many panic attacks while there and have to leave as soon as I can catch my breath. She knows that. As far as evidence they used to deny it was strictly for missing the appt.. Go figure! They actually kept my file from 79' until now and also held on to my medical records.

We will see what the future holds. I haven't missed an appt this time and will continue to see my private Doc just like I have been doing.

Thanks! I totally get the furry friends, I have a few of them myself ;-) What do you want us to call you? ~Wings

I guess you can call me Shorty now. Won't hurt my feeling at all.

My private Doc has stated that I have Agoraphobia. So we will see. My job is the only place I go to and occasionally the local store but avoid it if my daughter is available to go for me. I've had too many panic attacks while there and have to leave as soon as I can catch my breath. She knows that.

short,

Is your private doc a credentialed Mental Health provider ?

What does your private doc state in writing is the direct cause of your Agoraphobia

and when was it diagnoised ?

Has your private doc diagnosed panic attacks ?

What does your private doc state in writing is the direct cause of your panic attacks ?

carlie