VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long Do You Wait At Your Vamc For Meds?

Rate this topic

At the Dayton VAMC they claim to have scripts ready in 30 minutes or less.....LMAO....the other day I waited close to an hour and had to leave to pick up my son from school...today it was close to an hour.

Wondering how everyone else's VAMC is doing at filling scripts?

Bummer...I made this as a poll, but it didn't work...

Edited by purple

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, unless it's a medication I have to have right then, I just have them mail it to me.

I have gone into the ER and been prescribed medication at, like, 2300 hrs on Saturday night, in which case it took about 30-45 minutes to receive.

Can't say that I've ever really had to wait on meds, other than the above instance.

Dallas VAMC

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually 30 minutes, unless its near Christmas time or after Memorial day - those are longer waits. I get most meds by mail, even recieved a refill I didnt request - came automatically, liked that.

Edited by cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

Dallas VAMC used to take hours. Now it about 30 minutes and last time it was ready by the time I walked from the shrinks office

You don't have to see the pharmacist first?

At the Dayton VAMC it's a crazy 2-step process...even when you've just see the doc and he puts it in "the system" you have to go--take a number--and wait to see the pharmacist so you can tell them that you've just been to see a doc and have new meds. They look in their computer and confirm this and then send you on to step two. Step two consists of the meds actually being "filled"....which is waiting all over again.

It's the most ridiculous process I've ever seen. And most of the time, they only have one pharmacist working...the most they have is two (it's all they have room for). So it's nothing to wait close to an hour for Step 1 and then wait again for Step 2.