VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Asking For P/t After 100% Has Been Granted

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Well My buddy got his 100% and he went off this morning and applied for P/T today at our local county Veterans office. Is it true that if he was just awarded IU based on his conditions and not rated P/T will they sometimes reduce his current 100%? Just a thought as tonight at our VA meeting it was brought up that some veterans had been reduced after asking for it? I know he is happy to have gotten it but after what was said at the meeting he called me since I was at the hospital with my Mother. I have a lot to do right now but I figured he has no computer so I would ask for any help on this? Have a good day..

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anytime you ask the VA to do something your claim is subject to review. It is rare for anything to happen especially if he just got the award. Quite a few have had their claim made P&T though

Anytime you ask the VA to do something your claim is subject to review. It is rare for anything to happen especially if he just got the award. Quite a few have had their claim made P&T though

Thanks Pete I only know a few things and those I am not so sure on LOL. I apriciate it. Have a good day......

Well My buddy got his 100% and he went off this morning and applied for P/T today at our local county Veterans office. Is it true that if he was just awarded IU based on his conditions and not rated P/T will they sometimes reduce his current 100%? Just a thought as tonight at our VA meeting it was brought up that some veterans had been reduced after asking for it? I know he is happy to have gotten it but after what was said at the meeting he called me since I was at the hospital with my Mother. I have a lot to do right now but I figured he has no computer so I would ask for any help on this? Have a good day..

This quote says it all.. i received 70% and IU in 2004 and i was told by the doctor to wait a year and then ask for PT and i did and it was granted ,, i think the quickest way to get reduced if you do is to stop getting treatment after you get the award i am still going to the doctor 2 times a month now for 8 years.. and plan on going for ever as it gives me an outlet someone i can unload to without backlash

The first benefit is health care. PTSD is by far the easiest mental health diagnosis to have declared "service-connected," a designation that often means the difference between little or no care and broad, lasting health coverage. Service connection also makes a vet eligible for monthly disability payments of up to $3,000. That link may explain why most veterans getting PTSD treatment from the VA report worsening symptoms until they are designated 100 percent disabled at which point their use of VA mental health services drops by 82 percent. It may also help explain why, although the risk of PTSD from a traumatic event drops as time passes, the number of Vietnam veterans applying for PTSD disability almost doubled between 1999 and 2004, driving total PTSD disability payments to more than $4 billion annually.