VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Help

Rate this question

SPOOKOLOGY

Question

I have put in a claim for PTSD. I had sex with a woman but later found out she used to be a man. This all happened while I was in service. What are the chances of getting PTSD S/C? Since this incident I have had vivid nightmares, screaming in my sleep, and flashes of the person that deceived me. All these I contribute to this incident and now see a psych for this. He even said that my behaviors dramatically changed after this incident. During service I tried to get help but my superior just laughed at me and didn't refer me to anyone. I guess he thought I was joking.....

JK

• Founder

i do not think this meets the criteria for ptsd, i'm sorry this happened to you, but i'm not sure what this particular incident would fall under in the schedule for rating disabilities. PTSD is one of the hardest things to prove.

What is Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?

Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety disorder that can occur after you have been through a traumatic event. A traumatic event is something horrible and scary that you see or that happens to you. During this type of event, you think that your life or others' lives are in danger. You may feel afraid or feel that you have no control over what is happening.

Anyone who has gone through a life-threatening event can develop PTSD. These events can include:

Combat or military exposure

Child sexual or physical abuse

Terrorist attacks

Sexual or physical assault

Serious accidents, such as a car wreck.

Natural disasters, such as a fire, tornado, hurricane, flood, or earthquake.

After the event, you may feel scared, confused, or angry. If these feelings don't go away or they get worse, you may have PTSD. These symptoms may disrupt your life, making it hard to continue with your daily activities.

• HadIt.com Elder

It does not have to be a PTSD claim it can be something else. Are you depressed?

Its going to be a very hard claim to win but anything is possible if you can provide medical evidence and prove it.

If you still know the person you have sex with maybe you could get them to testify on your behalf. Or maybe get him/her to write a letter stating they had sex with you and they didn't disclose their manlihood.

I agree too- this does not raise to level of PTSD stressor.

It could certainly cause depression but still the VA would want proof positive this happened and I really foresee no way they would service connect any disability due to this unfortunate event.

• HadIt.com Elder

For the life of me I do not understand why so many Vets want a PTSD Diagnosis when the VA makes it almost impossible for Vets to get it short of MST or Combat PTSD.

If anything the VA should be well aware that millions suffer from PTSD due to life stress. I wonder how many have PTSD due to 911?

So the bottom line is that there are other things a Veteran can get comp for that are far easier to do than PTSD.