VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting On An Increase Decision

Rate this question

atlaturne

Question

I got an appeal decision on March 12th,which stated that it left my knees at 60%(where they were rated),but that other issues that I raised had been granted>Nothing was specified.I went to the state veterans assistant rep,who pulled my case up on his system.He said it showed I had receicieved a new rating on two issues,and alsoTDIU,but I have not seen anything in writing officially.What to think- how long might it take.I would feel much better,once the official notice comes. Thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Atla, thank you for posting and thank you for your service to our country. Welcome!

You can call the 1800 and ask for your percentages. Also that state assistant rep could have printed out that information for you, I think, why not? Also you can submit a IRIS inquiry to the VA to confirm what you have been told.

Hope its the best for you!

Cg'up2009!

p.s. sometimes the finalizing paperwork takes a bit to catch up for signatures, it shouldnt be long now.

I got an appeal decision on March 12th,which stated that it left my knees at 60%(where they were rated),but that other issues that I raised had been granted>Nothing was specified.I went to the state veterans assistant rep,who pulled my case up on his system.He said it showed I had receicieved a new rating on two issues,and alsoTDIU,but I have not seen anything in writing officially.What to think- how long might it take.I would feel much better,once the official notice comes. Thanks
Edited by cowgirl

How long did it take from the time you put in the increase claim? I put mine in back in June '08. I am told it's with the raters now, so I expect a decision soon ... ??? I hope. It's been almost a year now.

--Jim

Life is good! B)

• HadIt.com Elder

Keep an eye on your bank account as the retro may be received quicker than the decision.

If you dont get a decision within 2 weeks of getting the retro, call the 800 number ans ask for a copy.

J

I called the VA 800 number today.They confirmed that I was granted a new rating for lower lumbar,right hip,as well as TDIU.He said that my case is being calculated,and it could take a good deal longer before I see anything.I hope it will not be too much longer and I will feel better once I see in writing what I have been told.Thanks to all.

I got my decision back from DC three weeks ago today, with a 30% increase granted and retro. As of today I have not heard anything from RO, or from DAV. DAV is my rep. I also have watched the bank account. Seems to me all it should take is someone in front of a computer, and a few keystrokes to get it done.