VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Med Change To Morphine

Rate this topic

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Perhaps try methodone. I think morphine is OK but it always made me sick and if you take it you have to keep uping the dose. As you would guess it is highly addictive and withdrawing from the drug is no joke. The same is true of methodone but I don't think it is quite as rough on the system.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think morphine states it is dangerous to operate machinery while taking this medication kind of like the percocets I am on, they are addictive but I quit driving about 5 years ago and was disabled in 2002 so who cares lol, there are days the pecocets don't even work. I even offered to let them operate on my back using an epidural, but due to the severity of my heart condition they refuse to do any type of surgery on me, none of the doctors want me being a statistic on their death charts, so they just keep me doped up, their are days I hurt so bad, I just wish it would stop, and I don;'t care how.

Sorry about your pain. Sounds like its pretty rough. They say I'm to young for another surgery???? 45, wish they had said that before the first one. My meds have made me so sick I have had to stop (sick on my stomach and can't sleep). Now the pain is back and my head feels like its going to pop. I have an mri today. If I make it today I may stay in bed tomorrow. If anyone has any suggestions I sure aprreciate it.

Edited by david walker

• HadIt.com Elder

see iof your doc can get you on Prevacid and see if that stops the stomach pains and gastrointestinal problems caused by the morphine. They have tried me on everything else the VA has in the past three years and they keep ending up going back to the prevacid as it's the only one that works for me. Try some Maalox in the meantime... just an idea