VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On A Nod Or Reconsideration With My Claim For Iu

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Well here it is. I put in for IU for DDD and Hypertensive heart disease. I got turned down but no big deal since the VA did not look towards my back as I just had a C/P last year. I am at 80% with a 60% and 30% and several other 10%. What would you guys suggest as the last VA MRI done last month shows Artheritis, Stenosis, 2 bulging disc and the very bottom disc I had worked on 3 years ago as "Severely Deteriorated" Nerve dammage in feet legs and hands all supported by the MRI and a Civillian Nuero who has put it in writing that I will forever be with my back giving my problems cause of the DDD. I have already looked up case law supporting my claim got copies to show my Rep Tommorow but I do not know what to ask for? I know that I felt screwed but it is not the first time dealing with the VA. I appriciate all your help but what has screwed with me the most is that several people I have talked to have said that their backs have give them hell from the time they had surgery I have had one surgery all ready but if any of you have had the back problems give me your thoughts. Hope I get some good ideas on what I should ask for a reconsideration or a Nod?

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Oldman273,

As April is right around the corner I have 2 questions.

1) Did you ever apply for reconsideration and recieve an answer ?

2) If not - have you filed a NOD yet, as your one year to

appeal,is drawing near.

carlie

Oldman273,

As April is right around the corner I have 2 questions.

1) Did you ever apply for reconsideration and recieve an answer ?

2) If not - have you filed a NOD yet, as your one year to

appeal,is drawing near.

carlie

Hey Carlie, I do not know what the difference is between reconsideration or NOD but the American leigon rep at local office filed it for me to keep the claim alive. I was told that I had an upcoming c/p exam but just like the "check is in the mail" I have heard that one before also. Thanks