VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting For A Written Rating Decision

Rate this question

atlaturne

Question

On March 12th,I received a notice regarding my appeal/review by a DRO.It stated that while they did not grant my claim for increase for my double knee(60%),they did award me an disability on new issues.They said a written notice of increase ,would follow,but did not state what was awarded.I went to my Regional Veterans Assistance Rep and he looked up on his computor and told me that I had been awarded a new rating for lower lumbar,hip,AND TDIU.As of today may 6,I have not received anything in writing as to this new rating .Today,I called the 800 number and they verified the award of back ,hip and TDIU.I am sweating this out, waiting for something in writing and hoping that all of this is correct and nothing goes wrong.How much longer to wait?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Sounds good. Just relax a little and give it a little time. You will hear different time frames...may take a few weeks to few mths. It depends on who puts it into the computer and when, and when info goes to the accounting dept to issue the funds to your bank. Sometimes they will tell you diffrent dates and then you might find it in your bank acct like I did once. Yep, the VARO said it will be a few more weeks, and the accounting dispersement in Oklahoma told me it wasn't even inserted into the computer system, and my bank told me I had a nice deposit the day prior.

On March 12th,I received a notice regarding my appeal/review by a DRO.It stated that while they did not grant my claim for increase for my double knee(60%),they did award me an disability on new issues.They said a written notice of increase ,would follow,but did not state what was awarded.I went to my Regional Veterans Assistance Rep and he looked up on his computor and told me that I had been awarded a new rating for lower lumbar,hip,AND TDIU.As of today may 6,I have not received anything in writing as to this new rating .Today,I called the 800 number and they verified the award of back ,hip and TDIU.I am sweating this out, waiting for something in writing and hoping that all of this is correct and nothing goes wrong.How much longer to wait?