VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pd Discharge Newly Diagnosed With Ptsd/mst

Rate this question

1994andcouting.....

Question

I was discharged back in 1990 with a Personality disorder, still not sure who gave me that diagnosis. All 3 of my MH C&P's have gone back to that initial diagnosis. I have been seen at the VAMC by psychiatrist who labeled me clinically depressed and I have a long history of depression.

However , last fall, I did the groundwork and started therapy as part of a study at my local VAMC for Female MST victims. (I did not report the assault at the time) Due to my job I couldnt continue, so I had to drop out midway. My claim (depression) was on appeal at the time at the BVA so I did not want to mess with it there. Through the study I have since been diagnosed with PTSD secondary to MST.

Should I change that now that I have received my SSOC from the BVA? Should I drop my depression claim and go with the PTSD claim? I have also been doing research on the net and everything that I went through clearly shows that I have PTSD and have had it since the incident. I am sickened every time I think of how I allowed myself to be 'kicked out' based upon the lame PD diagnosis. I was afraid to tell anyone about the assault outside of what I thought at the time were close friends because the people that I told seemed like they didnt believe me when I said what happened. The guy was an associate to all of us. So I left A school and went to the fleet carrying all that baggage and have been ever since. At this point Im still afraid to tell who he is, but at the rate that its going I will have to. I still have panic attacks because I think that if he finds out he may do something to me. I dont even know if the guy is dead or alive but its scary.

Im so confused. :unsure:

Sorry if this post doesnt make sense. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by 1994andcouting.....

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can get a lawyer at the RO level depending on when your claim was filed. Things have changed.