VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Decision

Rate this question

*Bergie*

Question

Just a curious question. How long does it take to get an answer from the DRO regarding a NOD I filed in Dec. 08, my VSO says at least a year. Is this true. The claim is for cervicalgia which was increased to 10% May 23,08. No regard for arthritis, DDD/DJD/worsening pain.

Thank you,

Bergie

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I filed for DRO DeNovo review (no Hearing) in April, 2008. I received a short VA letter late Sept. 2008, they "received my claim". Nothing since, not even a kiss goodnight. I suppose in a few more months I should receive the customary kick in the b-lls or perchance a drum roll. *Oh yes! Tried the VA toll free---boy were they nasty. Second mistake, tried the AMVETS--they never returned my calls, sound familiar?? Service Officer has now progressed to: ServiceLess Officer Or De-No Service Officer.

Now that you know better, I would submit a letter to your region stating that you have changed your mind and would like an in person hearing with the DRO. If you are having a problem with your AMVETS rep, contact dboller@amvets.org . He was my service officer when I was in MD. Now he is some high ranking officer with AMVETS. He will want to know your story and he will take care of you. I wish I could still use him here in FL. This letter should at the very least get VA's attention and they might answer you.

Now that you know better, I would submit a letter to your region stating that you have changed your mind and would like an in person hearing with the DRO. If you are having a problem with your AMVETS rep, contact dboller@amvets.org . He was my service officer when I was in MD. Now he is some high ranking officer with AMVETS. He will want to know your story and he will take care of you. I wish I could still use him here in FL. This letter should at the very least get VA's attention and they might answer you.

What gets my goat is, I have not called the AMVETS S.O. for over a year. I guess I could understand him not calling back if I was a recurrent pest. The last I called the AMVETs was near 15 months ago. What is odd is I was under the asumption that a DRO personal Hearing takes longer--which led me to choose the DeNovo review. When all is said and done, does it really make any difference??

Sorry you have to go through this I personally know how it feels, and I think the hearing is the way to go. This way you get to confront your accusers, he he. I went the Hearing rout and the VARO said 6 months and it took a year but the result I'm getting from the hearing is well worth the wait 100% and with out a doubt. I was floored at my denial on all claims, they went so far as to rubber stamp it "DENIED" and I NOD the following Monday because the bomb was dropped on a Friday. So I went to my hearing with the evidence out front not buried in a folder a foot thick where no one would look for it or search to see if the facts even existed and now it turns out I may even be rated on injuries and conditions the VARO just didn't even bother to check or read my claim.

The Hearing is the way to go you not just a ### I just filed for an increase on my back and looks as if there not only going to max my back, rate both leg, both knees and a couple other condition's. I have seen on here to many time folks just send it back for another look see and get screwed just as hard as the first time most of the time unless they just got low balled...Its just being able to confront that person that you either you meet or exceed that criteria there looking for or didn't bother to look for in the first place.................But the time line would depend on the VARO...:unsure:

I am just so curious what is happening out there. What takes longer? DRO personal Hearing "or" DRO DeNovo Review?? Or is there really any difference in time??? I do agree that a vet stands a chance of a more positive out come by attending a personal hearing. I am naive, I just believed that a well versed person reviewing my claim would have to agree they low balled me on my spinal rating. The evidence is of face value. The problem is the VA people are instructed to look for any--just any--reason for denial or low rating, and base it on that. (Regardless of how much supportive evidence the Vet has). **I just checked and need to correct my prior post. I submitted my request for DRO De Novo review in April, 2008, it was not until Nov. 2008,(not Sept.) the VA finally responded that they received my claim for review. I sincerely believe the Dept of Veterans Affairs has imploded--destroyed itself from within. The VA has imploded by awarding bonuses for executive/supervisor/section chief/director/manager, etc., efficiency--when those people obviously failed--and now we see and suffer the result--they failed miserably and were rewarded for it.**Is it not like paying your dentist for pulling the wrong tooth. May be next time I'll tip the bartender when I find a piece of chewed gum in the bottom of my beer glass, that's not mine.

Just a curious question. How long does it take to get an answer from the DRO regarding a NOD I filed in Dec. 08, my VSO says at least a year. Is this true. The claim is for cervicalgia which was increased to 10% May 23,08. No regard for arthritis, DDD/DJD/worsening pain.

Thank you,

Bergie

I am waiting for a DRO review to my claim, should I ask for an in person hearing and if so how do I tell them I want this hearing instead. From some of the replies I think an in person hearing might be better?

Bergie