VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I'm Confused...

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

As I'm reading over all the posts, I see alot of you have made reference to the ratings changing over time. So, once you are initially rated for SCD, they can go back and change it? How often do you have to go thru this process? I'm applying for PTSD/MST. I honestly do not know how much I can take them trying to twist it around. i went thru that with AFOSI when I intially filed the report. Being a cop and accusing a cop does not make for fun psychological times....If they keep re-assessing things, I need to really consider if its worth my mental health....

thanks,

christy

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Most of the time VA low balls a Veteran and there is usually a fight lasting months or years. However, it is a long and slow process. You earned the benefit why not get it?

In 19 years I have had 4 C&P exams and 2 Independent Exams.

Is there any way to speed up the process? my group therapy leader and my individual counselor both agreed that i have ptsd (still waiting on formal eval from them and all active duty records) and i reported the MST to OSI. shouldn't this keep them from dragging tail? I'm starting to panic now. I'm not very tolerant of incompetence or being pacified. Then again, that may work to my advantage since its part of the anxiety...

If a SC condition improves they can descrease your rating. Just like if it gets worse it can be increased.

I was decreased on a condition, after having a C&P exam for another condition. I was ok with it, because it had gotten better.

Eric

• HadIt.com Elder

Christy, all of us here have a high anxiety level. What you need to ask yourself is do I want to be compensated for health issues that were brought on while being in the service. The bottom line is that anything to do with the VA claims, takes a lot of time, paperwork, gathering evidence, questions, follow up, never giving up, once you start. If you have a person from voc-rehab helping you on your claim, that may be a real plus for you. Best of luck to you.

T&B