VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Need Help On Iu

Rate this question

harvey

Question

i am new to this web site. i am new to the computer also. typing with one finger. my ratingfor sc is 90%. i got 20% diabetes, 20%neuropathy in each foot.10%tennitis in each ear.chloracne30% and most recently 20% hjearing loss.and 50%PTSD.i worked in coal mines for 33 years. i was awarded SSD in 2004 for anxiety.which is on my SS report.also it has the 2 major back surgerys that helped caused this. on my C&P it states i was operating a dozer on the mountian when blasting occurred is when flashback started and started with panic attacks.i filed for IU last week with my VSO.he wrote down my old address for them to get my work records.will they send me forC&P? what papers should i send the review board or should i take to C&P with me. what do you think my chances will be? thanks so much for this webb site.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Remember this, You have to ask for everything you get from the va, it don't come automatley until you ask for it. That is the va system. There is a lot of people on hadit that has been there, done that, and know what they are talking about. Its where I get my info from and its worked.

I have been waiting since june 25th to see how many C&Ps i was going to be schuled for for IU. I finally got a hold of some lady at local VAH. Today is monday, she asked how about wensday? I will be doing test and talking to a DR. for my DMII and neuropathy at 8 am. At 11 i will see a physigolist for my PTSD. on july 25th i will have to take a hearing test.I think i have things in line thanks to everyone on here. I have been reading daily picking up on little things here and there. If anyone has anything to share about these C&Ps i would appreciate it. Thank you. PS trailblazer, you are right ask for it donot wait on the va to help you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Harvey,

DO NOT make the "fatal" mistake!

When they ask you "well, how you doin this morning?" FER CRIPES SAKE, DO NOT automatically say "FINE". I know that it is "human nature" to want to, to wish to, appear "healthy and fit" and to NEVER appear to be a "hypocondriac" or a "whiner". BUT, if you say "FINE" or "OKAY", then that is what they are going to write down, and that is how they are going to RATE YOU!!

DO NOT LIE, don't, just tell them how you feel on YOUR WORST DAYS. OKAY?

Something like "Well, I feel a little less badly today than yesterday, but I still feel like shit, and yesterday was even WORSE! Man, yesterday SUCKED big time!"

You know, tell 'em like it is. Tell 'em if you do not feel like getting out of bed, or, especially, FEEL LIKE GOING TO THE VA! That your "quality of life" is somewhere close to the life of a catfish. That you feel like you're swimming in muddy water suckin POND SCUM.

Y'all forgive me. BUT THIS IS ONE OF "THOSE" POND-SCUM days at Larry's house!

Larry thanks alot. My wife said that was the 1st time she has seen me smile like that in a long time. you are excatly right, they had on my exams one time i had taken in januray 04 where i said i was glad the sun was shinning that day. i will remenber i am being watched the whole time i am there also . my wife is also going with me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Harvey:

I take my wife to every appointment. I really could not do it without her.

• HadIt.com Elder

Harvey, I applied for IU and also got c&p examinations. Learned the hard way, its okay to take yourself notes along. Once, I even took a copy of the compensation exam worksheet the VA posts on their website.(see below).

Yes, I took my husband, after we saw 'tailored' exam notes that don't sound right (do get a copy of your exam should show in your medical records a week or so afterwards).

Compensation exam worksheets are at http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm#bm01.

Let us know how it goes,

Best to ya,

Cg'up2009!

Edited by cowgirl