VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Need Help On Iu

Rate this question

harvey

Question

i am new to this web site. i am new to the computer also. typing with one finger. my ratingfor sc is 90%. i got 20% diabetes, 20%neuropathy in each foot.10%tennitis in each ear.chloracne30% and most recently 20% hjearing loss.and 50%PTSD.i worked in coal mines for 33 years. i was awarded SSD in 2004 for anxiety.which is on my SS report.also it has the 2 major back surgerys that helped caused this. on my C&P it states i was operating a dozer on the mountian when blasting occurred is when flashback started and started with panic attacks.i filed for IU last week with my VSO.he wrote down my old address for them to get my work records.will they send me forC&P? what papers should i send the review board or should i take to C&P with me. what do you think my chances will be? thanks so much for this webb site.

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

thanks cowgirl and Pete53.HAD my exams yesterday. The first one was a dr. i could barely understand. it was more like a physical. took bloodwork it showed i had been taking meds. he said my blood pressure was a little high standing and lying down.140 /89standing and 143/89 lying down. checked my lower legs and feet for nuropethy.could not feel anything with his little vibirator.ha. i told my wife as much as army screwed me he was going to have to get a bigger one than that. He then starting checking my skin and committed on the scars and i show him a place and let him have an appoiniment card where i am to see an outside dr. next week. that took about 2 hours.The lady pcyhco was waiting on me next.the 1st thing she asked while walking to the office was HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY? i could only think of what larry had said, today is alittle better than yesterday but i still fell like shit, which i did.this lasted about 2hours. my wife said i did a good job on expressing my feelings on my worse day which happened to be yesterday.i now have a hearining exam next week, which i will pick up my copy of the exams yesterday .i will keep you all posted. again thanks to all of you guys and gals.

All of the blank C & P exams are here:

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm

It gives some idea of what to expect.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that you probably did well.

Let us know, okay?

Well i picked up my copy of my C&P exams. It seems to have went to my favor. 1st time they ever wrote down what i said and plus some. It was 19 pages long.AXIS I:PTSD,Chronic;MajorDepressive Disorder,Severe without PsychoticFeeatures,Chronic;Opioid Dependence, On Agonist Therapy AXIS II:no diagnosis AXIS III:Hypertension;Coronary Artery Disease; Diabetes Mellitus:Chonic Back Pain AXIS IV: Strip Mining Near Home AXIS V:GLOBAL ASSESSMENT OF FUNCTIONING. SCORE: 35TIME FRAME: Current functing COMMENTS; a GAF of 35 is assigned due to the presence of speech that is sometimes irrelevant and major impairment of occupational functioning, family relations, and mood.Comments CONCERNING FUNCTIONAL STATUS and QUALITY of LIFE:This vetern evidences severe impiarments that would prevent him from being capable of maintaining gainful employment. STATE PROGNOSIS FOR IMPROVEMENT OF PSYCHIATRIC CONDITION AND IMPAIRMENTS IN FUNTCTIONAL STATUS: Prognosis for improvements is guarded.The vetern has experienced serious symptoms for an extended duration without any understanding of the reasons he had developed these difficulties.He does not report a significant response to treatment efforts. The severity, duration, and persistence of symptoms make prognosis of this condition poorer.I will go for another C&P exam for hearing loss on 7/25/09.I will then breathe a little easier and wait to see what happens. Thanks for all the advice from you guys and gals. now lets see if the va will do there part.