VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Eval

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

I've only recently within the last 7-8 months sought counseling with the VA. I was doing individual and just started group last week. the group leader said that i certainly have ptsd due to mst but she wants to eval me. i havent yet filed my scd claim for it bcuz i am still waiting on my records from st. louis. should i go ahead and do the eval with her? will it make the claim easier/quicker? or should i hold off till i file the claim?

thx,

christy

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

clw,

Who's doing this evaluation ?

Is it a C&P examination ?

carlie

nope, it is an MST social worker. she is the lady who does our group sessions. thats one of the reasons i am confused.

sorry, Carlie, I didnt finish that reply....it is not a C&P eval. i havent got all my records yet to file an effective claim. i was told i should have the rest of my records by july 7.

• HadIt.com Elder

CLW:

I am sorry but sometimes it is confusing and its difficult for VA people to take the time that they should to explain things to you.

I recommend a trip to the Records Department next visit and ask for your progress notes. Sometimes like Larry said earlier they print them off and give them to you on the spot.

You might not like what you find in the records but I guarantee you will have a better insight as to what is going on.

Good Luck

Thanks, Pete....I actually have my records from the VA thru march or april of this year. And, you are right, I don't like what I see. Its bothersome but true. there still isnt any tell tale sign of what direction things are going or what they are doing. its just the basic simple notations from my individual therapy. Most are marked MST a few are marked GAD. And its not just this process that is confusing for me. i seem to be just confused in general. tasks that seemed routine and simple now are confusing and frustrating for me. i just end up crying or yelling most of the time. i have resorted to making a daily list in a planner of what needs to be done. its hard to accept this when u have been so organized and "type A" your whole life. and i still don't see why an MST social worker is evaluating me for PTSD. is she doing my c&p? did she take it upon herself to file my claim? i havent done the claim yet cuz i am still waiting on my smr's.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not 100% on this but if the Social Worker thinks you have PTSD than a shrink is supposed to follow up.