VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P In Jan. Claim In Authorization Office

Rate this question

lt4ds

Question

I had my original C & P in August of last year, and a secondary C & P in Jan of this year. I called the 1-800 number about my claim today to see what's happening with it. The gentleman I spoke with told me that it had gone through the rating board on April 24th, and that it had been in the authorization office since the 7th of May. He also said that I should hear from the VA anywhere from 1 week to 4 weeks about a change to my compensation. Originally rated at 10%, but secondary C & P was much more thorough and I feel should result in an increase to about 50 or 60 %. This C & P was a result of a letter of disagreement I filled in October on last year.

I guess my questions are, what does that all mean?

1. Will the decision actually be given in the next 4 weeks, or will it be extended more?

2. If there is an increase, is it retroactive back to the original claim date, or the date of the letter of disaggreement?

3. If there is a decision, and it only covers 1 or 2 of the original claim items, should I wait all the claim items are completed, or can I make a new claim without it having a negative effect on the original claim?

Any help or knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I stated that incorrectly, there are 7 issues including the deferred shoulder.

The other issues are:

Right foot strain---- this was a recurrent issues while in service.

Right knee----documented in medical record as "Patellofemoral pain syndrome", resulting from PT.

Left Knee---- Residuals, left knee injury with arthritis

Right hip---- Residuals, right hip injury injured at the same time as the back injury

Left ear---- Hearing loss, residual from surgery

Allegeries/sinus condition---- developed after deployment during Desert Shield/Dersert Storm

Left Shoulder---- Residuals, injured in service, surgery after seperation.

Also, the appointment with the Neurosugery department resulted in a pending appointment for nerve conductivity tests on my right leg to determine if there is a pinched nerve. The surgeon pointed out the defect, and discussed several surgical options, including disc replacement and fusion of the joint, as well as physical therapy. He noted significant scar tissue and advised that removing the scar tissue would likely result in more scar tissue, and probably wouldn't be an effective means to deal with the problem. We also discussed hernias that have resulted from "guarding" to prevent pain in my back. We also discussed burning sensation in my thigh, but he didn't see anything in the MRI that would cause it. It has developed over the past year or so. Thanks, I will try to update as things progress. Nice to have a place to discuss these things, never know when someone may be dealing with the same type of things.

LT

Hello again,

Latest in the saga, the "deferred" issue with my shoulder, has been denied. According to the letter I got, it was denied when applied for. Can see that's going to be a problem, just thought I would drop a line.

Got 2 more letters today.

1 to inform I have an appointment for and EMG/NCV. I think the neurosurgery doc ordered it to determine if I have any pinched nerves, or if it's just scar tissue and degradation causing the pain, numbness and tingling in my leg.

2 to tell me I am scheduled for a C & P exam with the "CARLE" clinic. I am not sure what the acronym stands for. This is a little weird, because I don't have any open, non appealed claims. I am guessing it is for the "Deferred" shoulder claim, but that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, beacuse they just informed me 2 days ago it was denied.

Up until this point, I haven't encountered the normal head aches that it seems every veteran seems to deal with when trying to complete claims, guess it may be my turn in the barrel now.

By the way, if anyone can tell me what "CARLE" stands for, I would appreciate it, I haven't seen that on any of the letters I have recieved before. Thanks in advance.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Not sure where you are from, but here's a link to a Carle clinis in Illinois:

http://www.libertyvillageofdanville.com/health

Maybe that's the one.

Got 2 more letters today.

1 to inform I have an appointment for and EMG/NCV. I think the neurosurgery doc ordered it to determine if I have any pinched nerves, or if it's just scar tissue and degradation causing the pain, numbness and tingling in my leg.

2 to tell me I am scheduled for a C & P exam with the "CARLE" clinic. I am not sure what the acronym stands for. This is a little weird, because I don't have any open, non appealed claims. I am guessing it is for the "Deferred" shoulder claim, but that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, beacuse they just informed me 2 days ago it was denied.

Up until this point, I haven't encountered the normal head aches that it seems every veteran seems to deal with when trying to complete claims, guess it may be my turn in the barrel now.

By the way, if anyone can tell me what "CARLE" stands for, I would appreciate it, I haven't seen that on any of the letters I have recieved before. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure, but in the Syracuse NY VAMC, clinics are sometimes named for the person running the clinic. So, if that is true, Carle could be the last name of the provider. Hope this helps.