VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P In Jan. Claim In Authorization Office

Rate this question

lt4ds

Question

I had my original C & P in August of last year, and a secondary C & P in Jan of this year. I called the 1-800 number about my claim today to see what's happening with it. The gentleman I spoke with told me that it had gone through the rating board on April 24th, and that it had been in the authorization office since the 7th of May. He also said that I should hear from the VA anywhere from 1 week to 4 weeks about a change to my compensation. Originally rated at 10%, but secondary C & P was much more thorough and I feel should result in an increase to about 50 or 60 %. This C & P was a result of a letter of disagreement I filled in October on last year.

I guess my questions are, what does that all mean?

1. Will the decision actually be given in the next 4 weeks, or will it be extended more?

2. If there is an increase, is it retroactive back to the original claim date, or the date of the letter of disaggreement?

3. If there is a decision, and it only covers 1 or 2 of the original claim items, should I wait all the claim items are completed, or can I make a new claim without it having a negative effect on the original claim?

Any help or knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

My first C&P was in the Lane clinic. yep it was the last name of the Nurse Practioner I had a C&P with.

Other 2 C&P's were scheduled in the C&P Department. No medical persons name listed, just C&P Clinic.

Good luck with these exams too. :o

If you are in/near Illinois, CARLE may be the name of the clinic.

See this info I found on the web:

Carle Clinic

Phone: 217.431.7960

2300 North Vermilion Street

Danville, IL 61832

Group practice offering primary and specialty care in an outpatient clinic setting. Departments include: family practice, adult medicine, OB/GYN, pediatrics, and orthopedics.

For more information about Carle Clinic visit their web site at www.carle.com.

Thanks for the responses on the clinic name. The VA Clinic I am going to is in Tennnessee, and I tihnk it's an acronym for something, it's all caps in the title, not the way I would think the name of the Nurse Practioner would be written. I looked it up and found the same information about the facility in Ill., but didn't think it would be the same. Oh well, guess I will find out in a week or so. Thanks again for the responses.

latest update, I went for the EMG/NVC this week, and got the report from the test yesterday.

The interpretation was "No definite diagnostic findings. The NC study does not show demyelination or axon loss in the motor or sensory measurements of the nerves of the RLE. Needle exam does not show active or chronic denervation on the right lumbar paraspinals or muscles of the RLE."

I am trying to determine how to read the results accurately, not easy, but there appear to be abnormal indications that fall outside the normal range for the tests.

Anyone know a good resourse to help interpret the test? Thanks in advance.

latest update, I went for the EMG/NVC this week, and got the report from the test yesterday.

The interpretation was "No definite diagnostic findings. The NC study does not show demyelination or axon loss in the motor or sensory measurements of the nerves of the RLE. Needle exam does not show active or chronic denervation on the right lumbar paraspinals or muscles of the RLE."

I am trying to determine how to read the results accurately, not easy, but there appear to be abnormal indications that fall outside the normal range for the tests.

Anyone know a good resourse to help interpret the test? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, I don't. I am curious, though, to find out what CARLE Clinic means. Did you find out?

Good luck with your claims.