VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P In Jan. Claim In Authorization Office

Rate this question

lt4ds

Question

I had my original C & P in August of last year, and a secondary C & P in Jan of this year. I called the 1-800 number about my claim today to see what's happening with it. The gentleman I spoke with told me that it had gone through the rating board on April 24th, and that it had been in the authorization office since the 7th of May. He also said that I should hear from the VA anywhere from 1 week to 4 weeks about a change to my compensation. Originally rated at 10%, but secondary C & P was much more thorough and I feel should result in an increase to about 50 or 60 %. This C & P was a result of a letter of disagreement I filled in October on last year.

I guess my questions are, what does that all mean?

1. Will the decision actually be given in the next 4 weeks, or will it be extended more?

2. If there is an increase, is it retroactive back to the original claim date, or the date of the letter of disaggreement?

3. If there is a decision, and it only covers 1 or 2 of the original claim items, should I wait all the claim items are completed, or can I make a new claim without it having a negative effect on the original claim?

Any help or knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I haven't posted anything on my process with the VA in a while, thought I would update where I am. Since my last post I have recieved another rejection notice from the VA concerning my shoulder without an accompanying C&P exam, and have already filed a NOD. It would appear that I am destine to end in an appeal hearing over the remaining claims. Consequently, I have filed for SSDI and have been through 4 of the 5 steps required for qualification. Everything has been pretty smooth through this process, and the doctor for the consult about my pyhsical condition agreed there was significant impairment. I have only listed the conditions for which I am SC on the paperwork for SSDI. I suppose the next step after the completion of the SSDI process will be to apply for TDUI through the VA, with the SSDI determination as further evidence.

Since my last post I have also done enough research to determine the probable cause of the rash on my face. I am in the process of finding a deratologist to get a diagnosis, although I am not sure how to find one knowledgable to consult on the condition. It appears the problem is called "Polymorphic light eruption" and is common to service members assigned to "Desert Shield/Desert Storm". I haven't found anything in the CFR related to this particular aliment, but have found numerous studies both DOD and non DOD that attribute it to exposure to substances during the war. I have found a few codes that will probably cover it, such as "unstable scar", but not sure the symptoms will fall under the code.

I am sure there are other vets that suffer from this, I would be interested in hearing any experiences dealing with the VA and how they classify this. So far they have tried Roscaea, virus, stress, and even Lupus, none of them match what happens. I have yet to find anything that prevents the outbreaks, which are heat related, I have to manage exposure to direct sunlight and heat. I can't go outside during the summer without a hat covering my face, sun block painted on like white wash, and the knowledge that I will have several weeks if not months of treatment with a variety of topical solutions. Hoping to get some feedback about others with similar problems. Thanks and hope you all had a Merry Christmas.