VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2nd C&p Request

Rate this question

smilen66

Question

Major Prompts and Kudo's to all Elders and Contributors of this site! I am an avid reader of this website...reading sometimes 4-5 times a day and learning a lot. I've read the archives, to make sure I don't ask a question that has already been asked. I don't know enough to respond to any of the questions and some of the abreviations are not in the dictionary. However, what I've learned I'm able to pass on to others unfamiliar with the site.

My question is what does it mean when you are scheduled for another c&p? The 1st one was April 6, 2009 (I was there) and the regional office has received the exam results of it. The 2nd one is scheduled for May 27 2009. I will call on Monday , to find out if this was an appointment mistakenly made.

I have filed only one claim and it was for my neck, shoulder, hip (bi) and back. The results from the 1st exam (according to xray report) are as follows:

Shoulder: (comparing a xray from 1993 to 2009 xray)

Degenerative changes noted of the acromion (with osteophytic spurring),coracoid,humeral head, glenohumeral joint inferiorly (?) and cystic changes at site of rotator cuff.

Hip: Bursitis

Neck (cervical Spine): Degenerative changes with bridging oteophytes of c4-c7. Chronic compression noted c5-c6 estimated 10% for each. Foramen narrowing on the of c5 and c6 right (claimed) and c3 through c5 left (not claimed). Bilateral carotid calcifications.

Back: Claimed but Not examined. Pain in lower back.

This injury occurred when I was in AIT . I fell trying to get on a 2.5 truck with full Bivovac (sp) gear (duffel bag and weapon at 120lbs) on.

I appreciate your time reading and responding to this post. Thanks!

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VARO may see other possible claims and are following up on information that they have available. Be happy it appears that you have a thorough Rating Officer and please make sure to ask for copies of your C&P

Good Luck

When the VA sends you a notice that you have an examination, usually how much notice do they give you? I'm asking because my friend received a notice yesturday May 16th, and the exam is on May 21st.

• HadIt.com Elder

That has happened before but usually you get 15 to 30 days notice.

Thanks, Pete53! The second c&p will give me an opportunity to tell the Dr. about the nerve pain in my arm and foot. I was so nervous the 1st time I forgot to mention the pain. When should I ask for a copy of my c&p file?

Smilen66

• HadIt.com Elder

Whenever I see any kind of Doc at VA I take a list with me just in case. Docs are experts at getting you side tracked.

Thanks, I'll carry a list this time. By the way, I called about the appointment for the 2nd C&P this morning and I was told the VARO needed additional information. You are right, the Rating Officer is being thorough.

Last question, when should I request my records? Thanks again!

Smilen66