VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Retake, Can Old Exam Be Used?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My question of the day.

Been notified for a 'retake' physical exam. I recall being hopeful with the other iu exam until I got the results. I do have the exam worksheet and rating criteria. I know to carry along information that shows my conditions have increased in treatment and care.

My concern, what if the doc use the 'old' exam that says I am good for sedentary? Or, if same doc does the retake, could make me real nervous. Will get appointment letter soon, guess I'll know then. Just trying to get ready.

Any advice appreciated

Thank you,

your Hadit Cowgirl

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

cg - yup, really!!! The docs are given instructions, especially what to look for. They observe everything about you. I had an exam for my back and when the exam was over the lady doc directed me to travel, for payment, up some back stairs(a short cut according to her), cuz she wanted to see how I handled stairs, even tho the exam was, "allegedly," over(my opinion, from the C&P exam report). In law school future lawyers are taugh never ask a question that you don't already know the answer to. Look at how the VA handles TDIU (supposedly IU by VA insiders) and quotes only 38 CFR 4.16(a), to the claimants.

pr

I had a similiar experience.. He sent me to the C&P office to get my travel money voucher and he followed me in about 2 mins behing me. He watched me as he was pretending to go through files for the next person. And even came over to shack my hand ( my cane was in my right hand ) to see if I would just put my cain aside.

Though my C&P experiences are different, I have gotten increases, though I have only had a few c&P's.. I went to 100% in 18 months and only had one annual.. now I have no future exams.

But I do believe the SOP for C&P docs is what you say..

The moral of the story is always follow the rule: you are always being watched at the VA.. And you never know who is behind you in the hallway or elevator. This was advice posted somewhere by someone who worked at the VA. And it is true.

• HadIt.com Elder

Airborne and Phil, thanks. Sure enough at re-exam, prior report was used, doc was uptodate on what current things changed, read it all in electronic records. I'm impressed. Saw stacks of vets records in office, volumes&volumes. Mine? don't have a clue, since reexam could'be required to have em in the office. Shown short list of conditions doc need to examine me for. Upside down, never turned so I could read exactly or anything else on the script.

Yes, 'tools' to evaluate claimants were used. For instance, sitting for long time on hard chair, displaying med records on monitor, woulda required contorsionist to see, off to the side. Commented on sitting position, at times talked fast and said ok we'll do that or that's the same isn't it? kept writing fast, challenging a well thought out response. Given thin gown to put on for exam, while doc turned back. Doc checked shoes for wear, wanted to take pictures of feet&ankles. At exam end, doc mentioned nice sitting position and other thing, treating VA doc notes said I was doing great, walking running and becoming in trapeze artist. Well, doc challenged why I 'reported' not doing so well now than a few months ago. Mayhbe doc knows something bout a trapeze artist?

Will compare old and new exam when its done. Didn't pose for pictures, forgot to tie gown strings, and asked repeat of statments I didn't understand.

• HadIt.com Elder

Gruntdaddy, sure enough I 'clarified' things very specifically at my recent exam. The other exam worked, but denied the end result I needed. Will see how the report goes, praying for the truth and nuthn but the truth. Glad this exam is over with, one more to go, maybe two. Glad I knew what to expect with the exam guide.

Cg'up2009!