VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

*Bergie*

Question

I just got informed that I have a c&p exam on a claim I filed a NOD and is pending a DRO review/hearing. My question, should I give the doctor at the exam my IMO exam findings, should I turn it into the VARO or both?

Thank you,

Bergie

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I just got informed that I have a c&p exam on a claim I filed a NOD and is pending a DRO review/hearing. My question, should I give the doctor at the exam my IMO exam findings, should I turn it into the VARO or both?

Thank you,

Bergie

Now I need some advice,

2 weeks ago I got a steroid injection in my neck, the first. Well it seems to have decreased the pain and as a result my range of motion has improved. Unfortunately in 2 weeks I have a C&P exam on my neck and guess what, as everyone knows they measure range of motion. What do I do tell the doctor the truth or not? I want to be truthful but how do you do that knowing it could reduce the award. Please give me some advice, what I should do.

Thank you,

Bergie

loose lips sink ships. Wait and see how your neck feels in two weeks. Show your normal range of motion without the shots.

• HadIt.com Elder

Recommend caution when showing 'normal range', imho, if a doctors professional opinion suspects patient malingering, that can sink a ship. A good IMO is very important and strong support. The exam worksheet tells what to expect.

Unless forbidden at a physical exam, maybe spouse or close freind to support in a form of 'listen only' during the exam. Again, with caution, there is old advice for c&p exams - present a condition as if on a worst day.

Wishin' the best for ya,

Cg'up2009!

In two weeks you may be in pain again. In any case, do not take any analgesics (pain killers) or any anti-inflammitory meds for 24 hours before the exam. You need to be unmedicated for the exam, thereby giving an accurate presentation of your condition without any drug interactions. I guarantee it will hurt, unless you are healed.

Remember, no one can see your pain...it is not a visible thing like a cut on your skin. My daughter tore her bicep away from her shoulder...it took months for the WC people to go through their routine until they finally realized surgery was the only option...and it took 6 months which included therapy on a torn connector! What a racket...

Edited by akwidow