VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Award?

Rate this question

atlaturne

Question

I received a written statement of case from my DRO appeal,dated March 12,2009.It stated that my service connected knees,rated at 60%,were left at 60%.It went on to state that "we have granted part of your appeal",but did not specify what was granted,saying "an award letter would be sent soon". As of May 24th still nothing in writing.I went to my state veterans assistance office and they looked my case up on their computor and said it showed that I had been awarded new rating for back,hips and TDIU. I also called the 800 number who confirmed and said that my case was now back at regional office to be calculated,signed off on.I guess I am just paranoid that something will go wrong.I will feel better once I see the award in writing.Do I have anything to worry about?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I don't think you have anything to worry about. You will get the award and remember they will pay you back pay on this award from the date they recieved the claim, probably a good chunk of money which will come in handy to increase your bank account or pay some bills or take a vacation. Congratulations, You have done well on your claim. My best wishes to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

atlaturne, thats something else, I recieved the same thing a few days ago. They gave me an addditional 20%, have not read everything though. Keep us informed on whats going on.

t&b