VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Turned Away At Mental Health Walk-in!

Rate this topic

I've not been feeling well or doing well at all...all of this recent stress is getting to me in a very bad way. Very bad. Last week I called my tdoc, told her it was urgent that I needed an appt--she said the soonest she could see me was June 2nd. Lovely. She didn't even have time to talk to me on the phone. Nice.

I mean it's bad folks....suicidal thoughts and all. Just not good stuff going on here.

So today I went to the walk-in clinic at the Dayton VA. Just like I've been told to do when things get super crappy. It's actually on my list of what to do when I'm feeling suicidal.

Filled in my form. Checked the box that said "Are you feeling suicidal?"...I said yes. Might as well be honest.

And I waited......and waited....and waited. About an hour passed by and the receptionist told me that they were trying to locate the PTSD lady to see me.

I didn't care who I saw.

She said if they couldn't find her, I'd have to go over to the PTSD clinic (it's in another bldg) and see someone there. Except they don't have a walk-in service. Well, she said that's just what she was told.

Another 20 minutes went by.....nope, they never could find the PTSD lady; they weren't even sure she was at work today. WTF??!!! All this time and they aren't sure she is even at work???

So they turned me away.

They didn't turn any of the men away.

But they turned me away.

Said I had to go to the PTSD clinic bldg and be seen there. I told them there is no walk-in over there...they only do appts...they said they were just telling me what they were told to tell me.

BS....I just left.

Suicidal and all.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's almost a guranteed admission. And I refuse to be admitted to that hell hole!!!

Sorry, don't mean to take that out on you......

I'm just so upset....

All of the men in the waiting room (for walk-in) were seen quickly.....I was left waiting well over an hour and turned away

purple,

Hadit has a blog area, maybe it would help you to start

a blog here (if you don't have one) and post what you

are going thru on it.

Also,

I agree - they may not care but they are fully funded to

provide service's to you.

carlie