VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100%

Rate this question

Gulfvet

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes unless its 100% Mental. Not a good idea the VA checks earnings with Social Security.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, depending on what the 100% rating(s) is for. Usually 100% for PTSD includes the inability to stay employed or hold down gainful employment. If TDIU, definitely inadvisable. But for physical injuries/illnesses one can work. If you can work you can always try but you'll probably be reduced, if successful.

pr

Can someone be rated at 100% and still work?

• Founder

100% Mental you wouldn't be able to hold a job

100% TDIU no you are being paid 100% because you are unemployable

100% Physical disabilities, yes, i believe senator max cleland is a 100% physical veteran and a former senator. Alex Humphries (God Rest His Soul) was a 100% physical and still practiced law.

Absolutely, but look for being re-evaluated frequently. They put you in the system then check social security, call you in cut you and make you fight to get it back.

I worked 21 years was cut from100% to 40% one time. was employed Fed all the time kept telling the reviewers I was not drawing disability for unemployability but for disability. Good luck.

Ausgmblr

yes worked 21 years count on being re-evaluated often. Kept telling them I was drawing my 100% for disability not unemployability. Cut to 40% one time with condition unchanged, back to old battle, get back up get cut, fight back.

Just be prepared to live on the decreased income then the nice arrearage check.

If it's other than unemployability it's just more frequent re-evaluations and new evidence nothing has changed or is worse.

ausgmblr