VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remand Stall?

Rate this question

blackbird

Question

On May 18th, 2009 the BVA remanded my service connection claim back to the RO to have a 2nd Comp exam performed, this time the doctor is suppose to review my c file first. Today, June 3,2009, I got a letter from the "VETERANS SERVICE CENTER MANAGER" stating that it was their "sincere desire to decide your case promptly, However as we have a great number of claims, action on yours may be delayed". I'm new to this so could anyone tell me if this is just a form letter that everyone gets when a case is remanded? Also where exactly is the Veterans Service Center in the VA chain of responsibility??

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

[On 12/08 Dr. had file open at C&P, later psycholigist didn't know what to ask as he hadn't been sent my C file. Any C&p's I've been too the Dr. has been referring to the C file he has obviously read to ask about my balance, and head injury, how else could he know what the open claim is. About form letter I have no idea, is letter numbered, need more info.

ausgmblr

On May 18th, 2009 the BVA remanded my service connection claim back to the RO to have a 2nd Comp exam performed, this time the doctor is suppose to review my c file first. Today, June 3,2009, I got a letter from the "VETERANS SERVICE CENTER MANAGER" stating that it was their "sincere desire to decide your case promptly, However as we have a great number of claims, action on yours may be delayed". I'm new to this so could anyone tell me if this is just a form letter that everyone gets when a case is remanded? Also where exactly is the Veterans Service Center in the VA chain of responsibility??

The letter fad the following; VA FORM20-8992

JAN 1990

Also the letter wasn't signed, it just had VETERANS SERVICE CENTER MANAGER AT THE BOTTOM.

blackbird-

• HadIt.com Elder

The Veterans Sevice Center (VSC) is your claims office, at your VARO, where you filed your claim. The VSC manager or VSCM signature is on all letters. Sometimes there's a name and sometimes not. It appears that VA employees have become fearful of retaliation and rightfully so, for their handling of claims and no longer sign decisions. It is a standard form letter that is routinely sent out. A BVA remand, generally takes up to a year and sometimes more depending on the VSC, their workload and how they feel about your claim. Just hope for sooner.

pr