VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Too Depressed For Therapy

Rate this topic

Oh yes. Ever had a tdoc tell you this one? I heard it today. In fact it's the 2nd time that I've heard this from this tdoc that I see. She says that I'm "too unstable" for regular trauma therapy.

Well gee....now I wonder what could be contributing to my severe depression and therefore to my instability...lets see....trauma? Bingo!!!!!

I've written all about in my blog on here.....It's absolute craziness.

Anyone else ever heard this from their therapist/psychologist?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

purple,

Sorry you're having it so rough there.

Ths closest I've come to this is several MH professionals

have stated I am not stable enough to handle the

residential ((in house) MST - PTSD program at Bay Pines.

One psychiatrist practically begged me to go there.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Hmmmm........lessee......does she tell you WHAT she's gonna do about your "instability"?

This sort of reminds me of one of my "recurring" dreams............of me being off-loaded from the chopper and triaged, INTO THE PILE SET ASIDE FOR THE ONES THAT CAN'T BE HELPED!

That dream will wake me up, every damned time, guaranteed!

But, getting back to yer purdickamint:

If I heard that from my regular sickiatrist.....I'd be for walking down the hall, catching the elevator, and going to the ER......not that it's ever happened to me you understand......but I was kinda talking back to the voices that I kept hearing, to the point that I was pre-occupied and forgot to not pee in my pants.

I got some attention, and a NEW sickiatrist.

Of course, when the two armed fellows showed up to help me outta my wheelchair and kept hanging around, I just KNEW that something was, how you say, "amiss"!

....and, beer for my horses.

Edited by LarryJ

She sent me over to the regular mental health clinic to begin seeing one of the "suicide prevention coordinators" until I'm "stable". LMFAO. So this means starting over with someone new again, someone who already told me today that they don't have anything to do with PTSD counseling...they are crisis-centered only.

Obviously none of these idiots truly understand what it is like to be suicidal. It's not something you feel for a few hours/days/weeks and then *poof* you're cured of it. Wow, if they think that, then I have really, really bad news for them. It can come and go at a moment's notice--at least that is how it works for me. One day/hour I can be somewhat OK; then the next....really, really bad. So "stable"?.....she's funny.

Purple, that is probably the most unprofessional action I've heard of, yet...by the VAM C MH dept.

That makes no sense...I truly feel for you. But I also beg the question that Larry asked...What is SHE going to do about getting you stable? I read your latest post but that appears to be a "passing the buck" response on her part. She should be fired.

I don't suppose you could move to some other location?

I'm being put in touch with the Dayton Vet Center. I've put this off for a very long time because of the whole thing of starting over, I kept thinking that things at the Dayton VAMC would work out....but the events of the past week have just blown my mind.

And it's funny you should say the words "passing the buck" because those are the exact words my tdoc used yesterday. She said "I hope you don't think I'm just passing the buck with you"...LMAO. I just shook my head. I wasn't in the mood to get into it with her as her mind was made up, the appt with the other lady had already been made prior to me even getting there.

At the Dayton VAMC, the PTSD clinic functions completely separately from the main mental health clinic. They are in different bldgs even. The PTSD recently lost their only psychiatrist and now they have no one to prescribe meds for their pts. Now they have to "refer" pts over to the mental health clinic. The two clinics need to be co-located and work together...it's almost like they can't stand each other.