VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Being A Disabled Veteran

Rate this question

iraqx2

Question

The other day I had a bad toothache. Being unemployed and with no health insurance, I turned to the VA Medical Center in Philadelphia. It would be my first time testing out the treatment on other things that were not directely related to my service connection.

After arriving, I witnessed the same old circus at the lobby and the clerk sent me around to various stations.

I finally got up to the Dental Clinic, waited, and waited again while in pain. I finally got x-rayed, then examined, and the young dentist told me the tooth needed to come out, but it had to be after lunch.

He also mentioned that I should come back and get the rest of the other things taken care of since it will be covered.

The tooth eventually got yanked 5 hrs after first checked in. I then had to wait in line for my meds.

My point is, though I've waited for awhile and had no private insurance. Uncle Sam did eventually took care of me. It is a benefit that most other Americans would love to have. For as much as I hate dealing with the VA, this, I am grateful.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The other day I had a bad toothache. Being unemployed and with no health insurance, I turned to the VA Medical Center in Philadelphia. It would be my first time testing out the treatment on other things that were not directely related to my service connection.

After arriving, I witnessed the same old circus at the lobby and the clerk sent me around to various stations.

I finally got up to the Dental Clinic, waited, and waited again while in pain. I finally got x-rayed, then examined, and the young dentist told me the tooth needed to come out, but it had to be after lunch.

He also mentioned that I should come back and get the rest of the other things taken care of since it will be covered.

The tooth eventually got yanked 5 hrs after first checked in. I then had to wait in line for my meds.

My point is, though I've waited for awhile and had no private insurance. Uncle Sam did eventually took care of me. It is a benefit that most other Americans would love to have. For as much as I hate dealing with the VA, this, I am grateful.

Supposedly vets returning from Iraq now have 5 years free medical coverage. Maybe that also includes dental?

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

Bergie

The VA yanked your tooth. What are they going to do to replace it? Even people living in deep poverty can be toothless. If you are on welfare you can get dentures. Since you are IU the VA owes you total and complete health care including dental.